Photo Quiz

Keith

Easy this one...

Odd one out please....

301W-cast-MacArthur.gif

Arnold.jpg

Wanted.jpg

Keith

OK Mr Jus, you go ahead and moderate the picture quiz. Don't forget the "Brownie" points....

Keep up keep up... :)

Top pic, although given recent events one could suggest that the the caption is mis-worded & the lower two pics are the 'odds'...:)... I like this new paddock, check first to make sure all the live & dead stock are on the other side of the paddock, have a wander around & get back out before they notice!!

OK, clue number one:-

In light of the the recent potential banning order for certain undesirables who frequent the Paddock of which Mr Hardy is definitely one (well Keith, you did say I could run THIS show :) ), then let's just say for arguments sake that the threat were to be carried out, then there you have your clue gentlemen.

Too cryptic? I'll give a second clue in the morning.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Hmmm, the "I'll be back" delivery was with glasses, albeit sunglasses, but nonetheless glasses. So that includes option #3. And, there was a unique accent with that phase, and the bloke on the bottom also as a unique accent (from my point of view). So it's definitely #1 or #2. I'm soooo confused!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Two have/had massive egos!

By the way, I was present when one of these men was chewed out by his boss.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Zollis,

In 1950, My father was Pan Am station chief on Wake Island. This was during the Korean War. MacArthur was the US comander and was not always in agreement with the "Comander and Chief". A few weeks after I was born, President Truman ordered Macarthur to meet him at Wake Island to work out who was in charge. They met, and it seems that Truman out ranked him.

My mom took the President on a tour of the island and the spent about an hour alone, just talking about life and children.

I have a great photo of them, with the President holding my sister, I'll see if I can post it.

1lvpth89tw8p

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. Thus it is true . You were present. Not just Mac but the President as well. Wow.

Bet you can't actually remember what was said .:laugh:

Z.C.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Z,

No way, i was only a few weeks old. My Mom said that MacArthur came down the stairs from his plane, wearing "pancake" makeup, he then posed and strutted around for the 15 or so island residents. She said MacArthur brought considerably more press, PR and aids than the President.

Everyone on the island thought he was a pompous ass!

Back