Pot Stirrers!

I don't know about you guys, but I love to eat really good food! How about we share recipes of our favorite meals.

Now God forbid I ever try to cook anything, but my wife is a wonderful cook. so if you happen to be blessed with the ability of cooking or your better half does, share the recipes.

I'll start with one of my all time fiavorites, and its perfect for the fall and winter!

Tuscan Lamb and Artichoke Stew | WholeFoodsMarket.com

Now here's one that even guys that don't cook can take advantage of.

Get your wife to make you some grits, and put a bunch of blue cheese chunks in it. Seriously, it is the best tasting thing you could ever imagine! sounds strange, but it is oh so true!

Yummy!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Now here's one that even guys that don't cook can take advantage of.

Get your wife to make you some grits, and put a bunch of blue cheese chunks in it. Seriously, it is the best tasting thing you could ever imagine! sounds strange, but it is oh so true!

Yummy!

What are grits?

Ya'll don't know what grits are?

Grits
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the corn-based Southern U.S. food. For the Canadian political party, see Liberal Party of Canada. For the hip-hop artist, see GRITS. For other uses, see Grit (disambiguation).
Grits

Grits served with eggs, bacon and toast.
Origin
Alternative name(s) Sofkee or Sofkey
Place of origin United States South
Creator(s) Native Americans
Dish details
Course served mainly a breakfast side-dish
Serving temperature warm to hot
Main ingredient(s) ground corn
Variations Hominy grits
Yellow speckled grits
Other information Soul food
Grits are a food of American Indian origin common in the Southern United States and mainly eaten at breakfast. They consist of coarsely ground corn, or sometimes hominy, in which case they are referred to as hominy grits. They are also sometimes called sofkee or sofkey from the Muskogee (Creek) language word.[1][2] Grits are similar to other thick maize-based porridges from around the world, such as polenta, or the thinner farina.
Grits are usually prepared by adding one part grits to two-to-three parts boiling water, sometimes seasoned with salt or sugar. They are usually cooked for 15 – 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the grits become a porridge-like consistency. As grits expand when they are cooked, they need to be stirred periodically to prevent sticking and forming lumps. They may be served with grated cheese, butter, sausage or country ham red-eye gravy. Grits have also been known to be served with fish such as fried catfish or salmon croquettes.
Grits can also be fried in a pan or molded to create a firm block; the resulting block can be cut with a knife or wire, and the slices fried in a fat such as vegetable oil, butter, or bacon grease.
The word "grits" derives from the Old English word "grytt," meaning coarse meal.[3] This word originally referred to wheat and other porridges now known as groats in parts of the U.K., maize being unknown in Europe in the Middle Ages. The word "grits" is one of the few rare words that may properly be used as either singular or plural in writing or speech and can be used with a singular or plural verb.[4][5]

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dang - I'm getting hungry and am doing good to be able to cook up a sandwich!

But then my wife can't rebuild an automatic transmission either... My hat's off to you guys that can not only fend for yourselves in the kitchen but can even excel in preparation of culinary delights!

Chilli mud crab.

Chilli Crab Recipe : Peter Evans Recipes | LifeStyle FOOD

Thanks Bob now I know, I think I prefer the chilli crab, you can also use shrimp lobster or crayfish.

Oh yeah, can't go wrong with crab, shrimp, or crayfish!

Back in the day we'd live off the land down on the coast of Baja California for about a month at a time. When the surf was down, I'd catch little rock crabs for bait, rig up hook and line, and send the surfers out to the kelp beds. We'd all feast on the bass prepared over a camp fire. We didn't do anything fancy, but fresh out of the water like that, you didn't need to!

Dang - I'm getting hungry and am doing good to be able to cook up a sandwich!

But then my wife can't rebuild an automatic transmission either... My hat's off to you guys that can not only fend for yourselves in the kitchen but can even excel in preparation of culinary delights!

Seriously, Randy, I endanger water when I boil it. The wife is the master of the kitchen at our house, but I excel at enjoying her work!

Corned beef hash is the best. Closely followed by bubble and squeek. You can't beat well preparred left-overs.

Lawd have mercy! My wife is from Tennessee, and she found the following recipe and made it tonight. I have to tell ya'll, this cornbread is better than cake! But, you've Got to use stone ground corn meal and a Lodge type cast iron pan to make it in. Oh my goodness this is so good, its all gone!

AND, full props to Oprah for making this recipe available!!!! You go girl!

Classic Southern Cornbread - Oprah.com

I just had toad in the hole for luunch. Cooked in the Aga by my Mrs. Mashed potato, onion gravy, yourkshirepudding 5 inches deep! Winter has it's good points. Beef stew and dumplings tomorrow! Good times.

Pat

Supporter
Having grown up in New Orleans, there is one incredible treat you can't miss.

Jambalaya!

Using Andouille sausage and juicy pink shrimp, jambalaya is like a spicy surf-and-turf. To save time, buy frozen peeled shrimp and thaw in the refrigerator or under cold, running water.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil.
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 6 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced
• 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can no salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preparation
• Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, minced garlic, and sausage; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
• Add rice and the next 7 ingredients (through bay leaf); cook 2 minutes. Add broth, water, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley.

Back