Yet another supercar

Guys, we are doing it all wrong, according to this website all you have to do is give these people some money and they will build you the fastest car in the world.

World's Fastest Car, 2700 Horsepower, 315mph Dagger GT™ Supercar Official Website, TranStar Racing™ LLC

Do these people (and all the other websites like this) really get anyone to put money down when they do not have any photos of a real car at all?

Browse the site for the entertainment value. The pic of the guy with the transaxle is labelled "man with transaxle" and looks like the logo is shopped onto his T shirt?

Cheers

Fred W B

They say
If you wish to purchase a Dagger GT, please e-mail us at [email protected]. TranStar Racing is only producing a limited number of Dagger GTs in 2011/2012 for our customers. The base model, the Dagger GT-S or “Sport” model, will have a probable MSRP price of $750,000 plus whatever you wish to add from an unlimited list of options. The Luxury model will cost about $850,000 depending on the added options you wish to select. We expect the Luxury model to compete with the million-dollar exotics in terms of luxury, and stomp them in performance. The 3 racing models will also depend on options selected, including a 2700 hp engine option and racing equipment like a roll cage and drag chutes for landspeed and drag racing. You can also choose a programmable split wing for road racing. Plan on $800,000 for the 3 racing options. We will work out final pricing during the specification and customization process for your car while we negotiate your final sales agreement.

and

Man-holding-tranny.jpg

The lightweight aluminum “Dagger GT 2700 Transaxle”, exclusively designed and built for us by Mendeola Transaxles, is shown-off by one of our staff. This transaxle is a one-of-a-kind engineering masterpiece owned by TranStar Racing and is capable of withstanding a 2700 HP/2500 TQ load. This transaxle connects to a heavy-duty drive shaft and drivetrain made of M300 steel, the strongest steel on earth

and

Philosophy: Minimum Risk Policy
We will use existing, proven automotive fabricators and experts. We will assemble the car using an experienced assembly team and the best-of-the-best, proven-and-tested, USA-manufactured, state-of-the-art parts and components. There is no need to invent new engines when Tom Nelson is the best and is already doing it. ‘Buy it: don’t invent it.’ We use only proven parts and systems, except for our 300 mph 6-speed transaxle which will be unique and custom-designed and built by America’s top transaxle builder, Mike Mendeola.

and

Why do you believe you can achieve your performance goals?
We have the horsepower, aerodynamics and the engineering know-how. Let me assure you of one thing. We never give up. We will set those records. We do not “try” anything. We will do it by force of will if not by the brute force of extreme horsepower. It CAN be done mathematically, on paper. And we have the guys who can make it reality. We will never stop until we actualize these goals.

and later

In this document and related comments by Company management, words and phrases like “expect,” “anticipate,” “will feature,” “will include,” “will use,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “objective,” “plan,” “goal” and similar expressions are used to identify forward-looking statements, representing management's current judgment and expectations about possible future events. Management believes these forward-looking statements and financial forecasts, and the judgments, upon which they are based, to be reasonable, but they involve numerous known and unknown risks and they are not guarantees of actual future performance or financial position, which may be materially different from what is expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements

Last edited:
Maybe they should call it a superdupercar. Or maybe a superstupidcar? I don't know - someone making a car like that one-off for themselves as a tongue-in-cheek entertaining act of absurd ridiculousness is one thing; someone trying to sell it as a product makes no sense to me...

I call bullshit on that one....That photo is definitely photo-shopped....Every possible performance aspect says that they will break every record out there besides braking and a few little things. Car looks pretty sweet though.

"Unlimited list of options"

In that case I want hot and cold running totty installed in the passenger seat and rocket powered parking assist motors allowing the car to be parked upside down for anti-theft purposes.

"1.2 seconds for the zero-to-sixty record"

They are going to need to put down the crack pipe, order wider tires and possibly add AWD to pull that number. And that custom Mendeola grearbox? Have a nice wait on that.

I'm sending in my money for the t-shirt today.....

I think they're going to need a little more exhaust flow for 2700 hp. And who makes a tire to handle that? That power is absolutely useless until you get well over 100mph.

Whatever.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
I just sent them an email about how thei graphic design skills are decent but their photoshop skills of the logo on the mans shirt was poor. I also told them they can go shoot themselves as they are a bunch of... trying to steal money of people. Told them the pictures could sell for 10-20 dollars at best and thats what their cars worth since it doesnt exist.

Whoknows.

Maybe they are real, they dont look it to me though. Even if it was... 315+ MPH without a roof? Somehow I think they are dreaming.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
I got a reply from Dagger GT

Thank you for your e-mail and your comments. Here are our corrections:

1. 1: The car has a removable hardtop - visit the gallery on the correct website: www.DaggerGT.com
2. 2: The splitters are designed but not on the website images.
3. 3: We will start building the car as soon as our financing is finalized, hopefully in a few days.
4. 4: The images are digital 3-D CAD drawings not Photoshop
5. 5: We did not "Photoshop" Ferrari - their new design copied us. Ivan Luccion's copyrighted sketches of our side scoop predate Ferrari's latest design by years. His original concept was called a Corvette Cheetah and was presented to GM years ago and this has been documented. He posted images on the internet where we found them long before Ferrari came out with their latest design. We have modified his design some but kept his side scoop which WAS an original feature!
6. 6: We have 3 advisors who are owner-drivers of 300 mph cars who all say we will exceed 300 mph as do our aerospace/aerodynamic engineers. There are several landspeed "tricks" we have incorporated to insure we stay on the ground and going forward.
7. 7: There are over a half dozen unauthorized websites selling posters of the Dagger GT

8: It is not necessary to be ugly and use foul language when you offer criticism of us or our product. We would prefer polite constructive criticism. We are prepared to discuss any issue you wish to explore in a civil manner. May God bless you and keep you.

Best regards,

On behalf of TranStar Racing, LLC:

- Craig

N. Craig Miller, MS, PE
CEO/Managing Member

Transtar Racing, LLC

website: World's Fastest Car, 2700 Horsepower, 315mph Dagger GT™ Supercar Official Website, TranStar Racing™ LLC
e-mail: [email protected]

I got a reply from Dagger GT

Thank you for your e-mail and your comments. Here are our corrections:

1. 1: The car has a removable hardtop - visit the gallery on the correct website: www.DaggerGT.com
2. 2: The splitters are designed but not on the website images.
3. 3: We will start building the car as soon as our financing is finalized, hopefully in a few days.
4. 4: The images are digital 3-D CAD drawings not Photoshop
5. 5: We did not "Photoshop" Ferrari - their new design copied us. Ivan Luccion's copyrighted sketches of our side scoop predate Ferrari's latest design by years. His original concept was called a Corvette Cheetah and was presented to GM years ago and this has been documented. He posted images on the internet where we found them long before Ferrari came out with their latest design. We have modified his design some but kept his side scoop which WAS an original feature!
6. 6: We have 3 advisors who are owner-drivers of 300 mph cars who all say we will exceed 300 mph as do our aerospace/aerodynamic engineers. There are several landspeed "tricks" we have incorporated to insure we stay on the ground and going forward.

What am I missing? Owner-drivers of 300 mph cars? What cars are going 300 mph that can be driven as a street car/ supercar?

It looks cool, kind of a cross between a Lamborghini and a Ferrari. About that roof thing. I'm not sure how they will think that it will blend in to the body.

didn't I hear about a car being built like this once. A company that needed money and actually built some prototypes, but left the investors in the dust? Vector?

I do like the Mosler though. 1200 hp option from their factory. One just sold at Barrett-Jackson for $250,000.00. Not bad for a $700,000 car. Now that is depreciation.

Excuse me - but does the picture above look maybe a little like Jason Lavigne from Factory Five Racing? Maybe they put a mask on Jason and forced him to change T-Shirts? Or maybe Jason is a double-agent? Hmmmm...

DSC_0117_small.jpg

News at Factory Five Racing

I think this wannabe manufacturer is all smoke...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.......... unbelievable. I thought that photo (not the real Mendeola one - the Dagger one) looked strange somehow, partly because he's holding pretty much a (supposed to be) one of a kind transmission in where, some dealership shop floor somewhere??? The boiler plate photos on their website are a dead giveaway also. Join their team huh? Why did you have to use a generic photo for that link? Where IS your team?

Back