This has been a GOOD week

I've been looking since June '11 when the school system let me go (Thank god I only had one year in). Got the offer letter signed today, i'm beyond excited. Now I can get back on the road to do some serious saving for the SLC. AND I'm going up to VIR this weekend to watch Fran and his crew run 13hr race! This is a GOOD week!

I'm so excited to be working again I can not express to you guys how much sitting at home searching for work stinks. Much less that I am pretty sure I have found a job that I will be at for a long time.

I had to tell someone, I'm fairly certain no one knows me here though...haha.

Last edited:
These days Mike, it doesn't matter if I don't know you. It's great to hear good news and great to be reminded that young folk do WANT to work! Thanks for posting.

Good luck to you man.

Thanks guys!

Mark, It literally drove me crazy to sit around the house and do nothing productive(except look for work). It has kind of been an enlightening experience, you always hear people say "I wish I didnt work" well I didnt and I wished I was working, ha.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I'm retired, have been for 4 years, almost 5.

I would like to go back to work, but with all the folks out there who have no income except whatever government support is available, I hate to take a job someone else really NEEDS just to satisfy my desires to enhance my car collection, guitar collection, that sort of thing.

I have said on occasion that I'm glad I am retired, I'm not sure how I'd find time for a full time job.

When I retired I found it to be miserable. I had 32 years of employment in the field of education, quite rewarding work even though it was not particularly well paid (actually, I never complained about the pay, but if you think about it teachers are underemployed...where else do you have to have a college degree, let alone a Master's Degree, and only get to work 10 months out of the year?). For the first 6 months I got up at the same time I had gotten up for all of my career, sat down in the chair in front of the computer and did anything I could to get that feeling of accomplishment. It was miserable until I managed to chill out and find a way to enjoy it....

Glad to hear your search is over, Mike!!

Cheers!

Doug

Pat

Supporter
Congratulations Mike. I know the time away from work can really gnaw at the psyche.

You'll be a wonderful asset to whover was fortunate enough to hire you.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Mike!!!!!

I spent almost 2 years in an "underemployed" situation back in 2001-3... Darned hard on me it was... Did anything that was legal to make a living and pay the bills..

I hope you found an employer you like , and a job you enjoy .
But just having a job right now is a great thing .

Back