My new college football hero is an Aussie!

Pat

Supporter
The college football "game of the century was played last night in Tuscaloosa Alabama. Like many southerners, college football is a passion. It is especially so when one is from the Southestern conference and an LSU graduate. Last night, LSU was saved by an Australian.
After a game saving interception and with LSU facing fourth-and-two from its own nine the coaches sent out Aussie punter Brad Wing to do some damage. The vaunted Alabama defense attacked the kick. With a full mob of Alabama defenders coming at him, Wing didn't flinch and ripped a 72 yard punt pushing Alabama back and saving the game and possibly the national championship for LSU.
Post-game when asked about his calm under pressure, Wing in his thick Aussie accent recounted that after all, he was accustomed to people trying to kill him when he kicked back home. "You see me back there sometimes holding the ball for a bit longer," Wing said. "I'm just so used to kicking the ball under pressure." He credits Aussie rules football for that. "You see a quarterback throwing a spiral pass," Wing said. "That's how we pass -- with the foot. I've been doing that since I was three or four years old."
This man has serious stones and a leg like a cannon.

Attachments

• Wing.jpg
    Wing.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 119
Back