Thank god for Bob..

Just wanted to share my love with Bob the Conservative brawler..
His wit and ability to put my conservative beliefs into words has made me a fan....keep up the good fight Bob..:thumbsup:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Bob is a dick. He's not here to "debate." He's here to spew hate about the "other side." If someone came on here and used the approach he does from the other side, they'd be a dick too.

A shame you guys support what he does. It's one of the fundamental reasons this country is as messed up as it is today. This is not about reasonable disagreement over politics. It's about hate, and being a jerk, and hiding behind anonymity on an internet car forum.

Last edited:
God bless Craig and Pete as well! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys and the other Conservatives and reasonable Liberals who are willing to read what I say without immediately condemning it like our poor soul Jeff.

Jeff, I think you don't realize how much damage you've done for your side. In no way am I excusing my behavior, but someone needs to open your eyes, and I believe its coming.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Bob, anything I've posted on here I would say to you personally. If Al, or Veek or Damian or Craig come on here and say "yeah, that Jeff guy is a jerk...he posts stuff we...uh...uh...don't like!" so be it.

This place used to be a one trick pony with a constant barrage of anti-muslim, anti-Obama, anti-poor rhetoric. Classic pissed off old white guy stuff. A few of us started to say hey, there's another side to some of this, and it became a bit more balanced.

The old crew didn't like that much and I'm sure werent' happy that their sandbox wasn't all roses any more. So it goes. LIfe is more complicated than a single point of view.

Did I call some folks out? Was I sarcastic about it? Sure. But I do not HATE. I believe conseratives have a valid viewpoint on my topics, many of which I agree with. When I do not, I respect that viewpoint when offered rationally with factual support.

Your posts are almost always divisive, intended to inflame, and show an unmitigated hatred for your fellow Americans who believe differently from you. That makes you a part of the problem.

All of that I would LOVE to convey to you face to face.

Jeff Young
1310 Mordecai Dr.
Raleigh NC 27604
PHone available on request

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Man up and call out Bob for the means and manner of his posting. Don't be a coward and encourage him to do things you yourself are apparently afraid to do.

I generally enjoy most of your posts of a non-political nature, but supporting how Bob posts here and how he interacts with folks on this board -- yeah, man up and call him out.

Yep as Keith said, "Bob for President.

I'm not sure that there wasn't more than a little sarcasm floating around at the top of this thread?

I agree and disagree with you both at various times (Jeff & Bob). Not that either of you will care either way, but frankly, in the MAN UP stakes, Jeff has just stepped up and laid it down Bob.

Jeff has the bigger stones! LOL

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Unfortunately, I don't think that was sarcasm from Mr. Automan.

Mark, no worries. We've always managed to have respectful discussions. Like it should be.

I'm not sure that there wasn't more than a little sarcasm floating around at the top of this thread?

I agree and disagree with you both at various times (Jeff & Bob). Not that either of you will care either way, but frankly, in the MAN UP stakes, Jeff has just stepped up and laid it down Bob.

Man up and call out Bob for the means and manner of his posting. Don't be a coward and encourage him to do things you yourself are apparently afraid to do.

I generally enjoy most of your posts of a non-political nature, but supporting how Bob posts here and how he interacts with folks on this board -- yeah, man up and call him out.
Pete don't be such a coward, go and do it yourself..I'll support you.

PETE FOR PRESIDENT :pepper:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I say thank god for the internet. It allows us to be jerks to each other anonymously, to post up useless drivel with no relevance to the real world, to engage in witty banter that is really only witty to us, and to generally while a way the days on a keyboard when a whole world of opportunity and experience awaits just beyond the click of a power button! lol....

Pat

Supporter

Or maybe needs to switch to decaf...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Jeff the tardiness of my reply is because of time zones, I was sleeping when you posted this.
I support Bob and his right to say whatever he wishes in the "Paddock". I disagree with all who post personal abuse and that happens from both sides
unfortunately.
It seems Jeff that anyone who disagrees with your point of view you tend to think of as some sort of lesser being. Childish comments about manning up and calling me a coward for not agreeing with you and calling out Bob proves my point.
Call me a coward to my face and you would find out how much I may have forgotten from my years in combat.
Now piss off.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Now, this may be a huge surprise, but I, too, am going to say "Thank God for Bob!!".

My mom had a favorite saying I kind of like...."no man is totally worthless, they can always serve as a bad example".

I really did think at least one of the members I had "ignored" was a good candidate for presentation as an excellent example of the wisdom of my mother's favorite saying, but Bob has proven himself to be head and shoulders above anyone else on the forum....in fact, head and shoulders above anyone else I've ever encountered (and one of my best college friends is a radical conservative nutjob, too!).

Thank God for Bob....I now have a great example to present to illustrate the true meaning of my mom's favorite saying!

Cheers!

Doug

I like a good debate that is intellectual and well thought out. What I see that has been happening is nothing more than sand box pissing match. Certianly a waste of my time. I see that it is a waste of time for others as there are several great men that have great opinions that have simply left this previously great forum. I find that I am too busy to spend much time here anymore and when I do check in, it is as if I never left. Same ol BS different day.

Now, this may be a huge surprise, but I, too, am going to say "Thank God for Bob!!".

My mom had a favorite saying I kind of like...."no man is totally worthless, they can always serve as a bad example".

I really did think at least one of the members I had "ignored" was a good candidate for presentation as an excellent example of the wisdom of my mother's favorite saying, but Bob has proven himself to be head and shoulders above anyone else on the forum....in fact, head and shoulders above anyone else I've ever encountered (and one of my best college friends is a radical conservative nutjob, too!).

Thank God for Bob....I now have a great example to present to illustrate the true meaning of my mom's favorite saying!

Cheers!

Doug
Doug, I'm pretty sure your mothers "favorite saying" was actually a "pep talk" directed towards you... And another thing, you can stop with the fake ignore list announcements.....we all know you're lying:laugh:

Doug, I'm pretty sure your mothers "favorite saying" was actually a "pep talk" directed towards you... And another thing, you can stop with the fake ignore list announcements.....we all know you're lying:laugh:

Craig, I think YerUgliness read the following post from earlier in the day (scary how I picked up on the mom part, no?);

By the way, I've got "you know who" on ignore. i can tell he is posting, so I want to make sure he knows I've got him on ignore! Sometimes I do read what he says, cause I really don't have him on ignore, but I think it hurts his feelings to make him think he's on ignore! So, if you don't already know, he's on ignore! Maybe I should really put him on ignore so I don't accidently show i'm still reading his posts, nah, I gotta know if he says something I want him to know I'm not reading.

OH, my momma always told me, "son, you're not stupid. Don't listen to what anyone says, 'stupid is as stupid does!" So, I tell everyone how smart I am, and to remind me, momma gave me a bumper sticker. It has something to do with how smart i am, so, I show pitchers of it all the time! She also said, "honey, if you can't do it, teach it!" So I done went to skool and lernt how to teach! Now, I'm retarded, too old to get away with all my mistakes, and don't have to work no more, so I go around and pretend to be reel smart!!!!

I've still got "you know who" on ignore, snicker, snicker!

I'm smart!~

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No worries on "tradiness."

Wrong though. Bob and others can disagree with me all they want. But if you are serius about "abuse," then man up and call him out when he does it. Bob's approadch to the "other side" -- telling people here they are destroying their children, or the country, etc. -- is simply unacceptable and your endorsement his approach makes YOU part of the problem.

Anything I say here I'd be more than happy to discuss with you person to person.

Jeff the tardiness of my reply is because of time zones, I was sleeping when you posted this.
I support Bob and his right to say whatever he wishes in the "Paddock". I disagree with all who post personal abuse and that happens from both sides
unfortunately.
It seems Jeff that anyone who disagrees with your point of view you tend to think of as some sort of lesser being. Childish comments about manning up and calling me a coward for not agreeing with you and calling out Bob proves my point.
Call me a coward to my face and you would find out how much I may have forgotten from my years in combat.
Now piss off.

Back