I said Freeze!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Had some visitors this morning. Opened the front door and right there 10 feet away was a not so small Bobcat. We both had an oh shit moment for a couple seconds then he snarled at me. I said freeze Mofo I'm going to shoot you!... with my cell phone camera!. I scrambled and snapped this pic as he walked up by the deck then ran inside for the good camera. When I came back out I see him walking away and with him was the Mrs. I barely got the lens cap off and they were gone. What I didn't realize when I took this pic was that she was staring at me to the left behind the snow bank. I bet 45-50lbs. Cool animals. Never know what is wandering around the house at night :)

2011111802.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The one blurry pic I managed with the good camera before they walked down over the cliff behind the house. I see so much cool stuff up here and rarely am prepared with the camera dammit!

2011111800.jpg

Very Cooool... looks healthy also... always wanted one as a pet (i'm from Idaho) but dad just laughted ... said this is a not so nice kitty and be happy with the one i had...:)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We've got those buggers here too. Mean SOBs when you cross them and they are not afraid of humans..

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Michael,

That's a beautiful cat.

We have Bobcats around here, including one who lived under our deck, for awhile. They do have something of a "tude"

But at least in the photos your's look to be quite a bit bigger. How much would you estimate their weight?

Very Cooool... looks healthy also... always wanted one as a pet (i'm from Idaho) but dad just laughted ... said this is a not so nice kitty and be happy with the one i had...:)

I always wanted a tea cup monkey out of the comic books. That never flew too well with the parents. Still a great disappointment to this day, so I get diverted by liberals instead!

Uncalled for, I know, I shall do penance now.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What about Dingos and the immortal platypus, or are you ranching those now?
Dingo's are just native dogs and the platypus eats worms, Drop bears are the only thing to worry about, of course up North they have salt water crocs than can chew you up a bit and we have sharks, but I was talking land animals.

Drop Bear - Australian Museum

Attachments

• dropbear1.jpg
    dropbear1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Michael,

That's a beautiful cat.

We have Bobcats around here, including one who lived under our deck, for awhile. They do have something of a "tude"

But at least in the photos your's look to be quite a bit bigger. How much would you estimate their weight?
I would guess 45-50 lbs but who knows. They were not small.

Dingo's are just native dogs and the platypus eats worms, Drop bears are the only thing to worry about, of course up North they have salt water crocs than can chew you up a bit and we have sharks, but I was talking land animals.

Drop Bear - Australian Museum

Pete,

Those drop bears are pussy cats we have Nessie the monster that lives in Lock Ness

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 137
I was worried there for a minute Michael, when I read you came back out to see him walking away with the Mrs! I thought, "hell, I could do with one of those experiences myself" ;)

Back