Another liberal lie set straight.

You know, there are so many Liberal lies, that its hard not to fall into the trap and believe some of them.

Here's one that I've allowed to poison my mind for thirty years: It has been taken as truth that while Gingrich's first wife was in bed, dying of cancer, and recuperating from surgery, Newt Gingrich went to her to serve her divorce papers.

Jackie Battley Gingrich, Newt Gingrich's first wife wasn't dying of cancer in 1980, and she is alive to this day. Newt didn't serve her divorce papers on her "death" bed, and as a matter of fact she was suing Newt for divorce.

Since Liberals always lose in the battle of ideas, they go for character assassination. It reached its zenith/nadir with Clinton who perfected the "lie and blame others for what you do" strategy that has served the Democratic Party so well since.

I am so sorry that I have held Newt Gingrich in contempt all these years for this false incident, and am amazed that he and his family chose to not dignify this slur with a reply. Amazing.

Gingrich: A tale long told is wrong | New Hampshire NEWS0605

Bob stop it the lib's are going to start another poll asking if they want FACTS posted or if they are happy living a lie. We all know it's the latter but you don't have to point it out so often.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
There are of course better ways to "set the record straight" other than talk about "liberal lies." But so it goes with Lonesome.....where are your old posts/threads by the way? You delete them?

Gingrich is a guy who leads the family values party and has been divorced twice. What seems true from all accounts of the first divorce is that Gingrich met with his wife in the hospital to discuss it, while she was recovering from having a benign tumor removed. The wife twice confirmed the original "legal pad" story but has since changed it.

It appears that recently, the family has offered a more accurate story of what happened. I don't doubt them. At the same time, it appears that at worst this was confusion in a series of interviews that for whatever reason was not corrected by Gingriches years ago.

Both sides are of course fully capable of "character assasination" so pinning it on one side or the othe rexclusively is just silly.

But what is really silly is the fact that we focus on stuff like this rather than substance. A shame and a huge part of what is wrong with our politics, and our country.

Neither liberals nor conservatives are inherently "liars." Continuing to suggest one or the other is, is, again, why we are in the mess we are in.

Now that you bring it up, they aren't showing all of your posts as well. Looks like they are rationing server. I'm flattered that you are researching my earlier work! Keep learning!

When the scandal of "Gingrich running in with divorce papers to his dying wife's bed while having an affair" came on line, it did great damage to Newt. Only liberals get away with that kind of behavior. Now we see it was spread by a willing left wing media that didn't bother to vett the facts, you know kind of like how we know more about Bristol Palin's life than we do about the POTUS.

The whole thing was not given the dignity of a response, as gentlemen (not code for rich old white guys, there's plenty of gentlemen of all races to go around) tend to do.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Bob, conservatives (the bad ones) have over the last few years claimed that Bill Clinton had Vince Foster murdered, that John Kerry was some sort of liar about his war record, and that President Obama is alternately (a) a Muslim; (b) born in Kenya or (c) a MARXIST!

No one party has a monopoly on "lies" and no one party gets away with it.

My posts are still up. Looks like all threads you started prior to this weekend are gone, including my posts (and everyone elses in them) are gone.

Bob, conservatives (the bad ones) have over the last few years claimed that Bill Clinton had Vince Foster murdered, that John Kerry was some sort of liar about his war record, and that President Obama is alternately (a) a Muslim; (b) born in Kenya or (c) a MARXIST!

No one party has a monopoly on "lies" and no one party gets away with it.

My posts are still up. Looks like all threads you started prior to this weekend are gone, including my posts (and everyone elses in them) are gone.

What I'm concerned about with Clinton is that he opened Los Alamos to the Communist Chinese; BREACH AT LOS ALAMOS - A special report. - China Stole Nuclear Secrets For Bombs, U.S. Aides Say - Special Report - NYTimes.com
while receiving money from them;
Clinton Says Chinese Money Did Not Influence U.S. Policy - NYTimes.com

And, at the same time, allowing the Loral Corporation the sell missile guidance to the Chinese.

Kerry, hah.

Obama is still unvetted, and never will be.

Back