Pictures of my Charger

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hello,

Here are the photos of my 68 Charger up here in Brisbane. Some of the 'on the street' shots were done in Sydney the day before we left for Brisbane (1000km north). Car is original, still has original body panels, boot (trunk) floor and floor pans as the car was garaged all its life. To find one like that is rare. It is also a QQ1 blue white top car which was a rare combo also. The best part is, I also have a full service history with the car since 1968. The car is being sold however. Due to not being able to put pictures up... they are here.

Pictures FINALLY!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
You know, they are really not that big. Mine is 115" wheelbase I think. The 68-70s are 118". The hoods are long but you park next to a new Challenger and they just don't seem so large.

I need to get mine on the scales. I'm guessing maybe 3500 lbs.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Beautiful car. I still love this era of automotive history when cars were designed with no account of aerodynamics or efficiency. And Dodge seemed to do it better than anybody else.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Ron and I laugh about that (70s design). My car has literally about 2 feet of space in front of the radiator before the grill. Nothing functional there. Just space.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thanks guys.

Chargers 117" wheelbase, 5.3 or .4 meters long and 193cm wide.

It is quite big, I noticed it when I went to get groceries... hahahahahah at trying to park that.

Your right though, between radiator and grill you can fit a body.

It is a very nice car, I like the fact there is plenty of boot space (can go camping etc with a nice car) but, I like a low/race like feeling car (hence I am on GT40s)... just gotta keep working till I buy one, wish they had boot space though, a race like car WITH boot space so you could go camping... that would be the ultimate. O well.

I got its nemesis here !

Attachments

• DSCF0948.JPG
    DSCF0948.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 162
I got its nemesis here !

Such a nice looking car! Styling was rarely noted in the Chrysler camp. The Cuda, yeah, but the rest, well,,,,, yeah.

p.s. was it just my area or, back in the day, did Mopar guys tend to be guys who would buy used cop cars, wear khaki, and pretend to be a highway patrol guys?

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
I got its nemesis here !

Bullitt! :)

Such a nice looking car! Styling was rarely noted in the Chrysler camp. The Cuda, yeah, but the rest, well,,,,, yeah.

p.s. was it just my area or, back in the day, did Mopar guys tend to be guys who would buy used cop cars, wear khaki, and pretend to be a highway patrol guys?

I had a 70 Challenger... I thought it was nicer than the Cuda, but as far as the B-body goes, its not meant to be stylish/sleek like Camaros and Mustangs, its meant to be a muscle car, big, square and tough looking, that's where Chrysler was the best. :p

About trying to be highway patrol guys, I dont know. I was not around until 1983, and in Australia, its just a cool car to have. Based on knowing a lot of Mopar people however, it is probably you :laugh:

I had one of those , when I got out of high school I worked for an auto grave yard that specialized in Studabakers . And the owner was good friends with the guy at the Sheriffs impound yard .
He called to have us pick-up an unclaimed stolen '68 Charger .
I ended up owning the car for about one month when I got a call to come pick it up again , stolen from my yard while I was out with friends . Then it was stolen from the mall , then from a concert .
The car was very dependable , if you ran it really hard , it would burn out the ballast resister .
A friend wanted the car the whole time I had it , and I got tired of retrieving it , so I sold it to him .
It sat in his yard three days and was gone . For ever !
Police said it either made its way to being crashed on the stupid Charger killing show , or went over seas
I do miss it

Back