Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

The Paddock Enter at your own risk.

Old 3rd July 2017, 10:42 AM   #1981
IanAnderson
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United Kingdom

GT40: Dax 40 Mk1 (Rov
Re: More Global Cooling/Warming/Change hoax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerDugliness View Post
Well, guys,
What are you doing to help with the effort?

Cheers!

Doug
I'm only driving th GT40 at the weekend - does that count

Ian
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:36 AM   #1982
Larry L.
United States

GT40: none. YET.

Quote:
Sure, I know the planet is going through a CYCLIC warming...
Progress!

Quote:
The big issues seem to me to be...can we do anything about it in time to stop it...
NO. Not any more than we can stop the tides or stop volcanoes from erupting...which, BTW, have puked more crap into the atmosphere since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution than industry has.

Quote:
...and how do we go about it.
Certainly not by bankrupting western economies thru asinine EPA regs and wealth redistribution. As you mentioned...it's "cyclical"...and has been since the day the Earth was formed. So, by definition the Earth will at some point swing back the other way on its own.

Quote:
...I doubt that ANY release of greenhouse gasses is a good idea...
Since CO2 is the gigantic elephant in THAT room, I'm going to make a wild prediction that, were there a way to 'poll' trees, grass, food crops, and all other 'plants' on the planet, they would unanimously disagree with that statement. In fact, there isn't an HONEST scientist on the planet today who would agree with it.

Quote:
...What are you doing to help with the effort?
"The effort" as you seem to be defining it? Fighting it...at least the radical, AL Gore-led, money centric portion of it. However, I'm all for common sense environmental practices of all types. (IOW, those that won't eventually demand we all live in caves...in the tropics...because the EPA says we can't burn fossil fuels for heat. )
Larry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 04:06 PM   #1983
Larry L.
United States

I suspect Hawking has now officially gone completely off the deep end. Seriously. Either that or he's been paid a TON by Soros or others on the faaar left for authoring this anti-Trump/pro-climate change agenda-pushing claptrap. Perhaps both...:

Stephen Hawking Says Trump'''s Withdrawal From the Paris Accord Could '''Push the Earth Over the Brink'''

This alone should confirm my suspicion:

"Hawking, 75, was also pessimistic about the survival of the human race on Earth. “I fear evolution has inbuilt greed and aggression to the human genome. There is no sign of conflict lessening, and the development of militarized technology and weapons of mass destruction could make that disastrous,” he said. “The best hope for the survival of the human race might be independent colonies in space.”"
Old 5th July 2017, 10:07 AM   #1984
lonesomebob
I Have No Life
United States

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

"Duke University has admitted that one of its lab technicians falsified or fabricated research data on respiratory illnesses that were used to get large grants from the Environmental Protection Agency."

Access Denied
lonesomebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 02:40 PM   #1985
Larry L.
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesomebob View Post
SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

"Duke University has admitted that one of its lab technicians falsified or fabricated research data on respiratory illnesses that were used to get large grants from the Environmental Protection Agency."

Access Denied

Again?

This is only, what, the ump-'TILLionth' time (give or take a dozen) that goings-on similar to this (committed by other 'environmental' researchers/scientists) has come to light?

But, by golly, that doesn't alter one bit the fact that scientific data has shown man is thee fly in the global warming/climate change ointment...and only fines, penalties and massive income redistribution will "fix" that...maybe...perhaps...at some point 100 years or more down the road...if nobody 'cheats'.......................................and...oh...uh...wait a 'sec'...
Old 17th July 2017, 10:04 AM   #1986
lonesomebob
I Have No Life
United States

"The conclusive findings of this research are that the three GAST data sets are not a valid representation of reality."

ef-gast-data-research-report-062717.pdf
Old 17th July 2017, 12:01 PM   #1987
lonesomebob
I Have No Life
United States

"Governments wasting vast amounts of taxpayer’s money on financially absurd projects is always bad but if the net effect of doing so, is to impoverish and harm their own most vulnerable citizens, then it’s unforgivable."
The sun is setting on solar power, the money’s gone and nobody’s asking any questions. | Pointman's
Old 6th August 2017, 09:54 AM   #1988
lonesomebob
I Have No Life
United States

Just another instance of climate tampering to get the results the redistributionists want.

"The Bureau* of Meteorology (BoM) initially claimed the adjustments were part of its quality control procedures. But bureau chief executive Andrew Johnson later told Environment Minister Josh* Frydenberg that investigations had found a number of cold-weather stations were not “fit for purpose” and would be replaced."
#
Aussie temperature tampering scandal: “Smart cards” filter out coldest temperatures. Full audit needed ASAP! - 'The story changes: first it was quality control, then equipment failure, now a smart card?'

TEMPERATURE READINGS PLUNGE AFTER AUSTRALIA’S BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY ORDERS END TO ‘TAMPERING’ | Climate Depot
Old 6th August 2017, 10:50 AM   #1989
jammin man
Silver Supporter
United States

GT40: SPF 2348

FWIW, Hawking is no anthropologist and doesn't know shit about evolution. Brilliant man to be sure, but talking well beyond his expertise as a physicist. Man has always been aggressive, self-centered, and greedy. How the hell do you think we survived the other beasts on the Savannah? Show me a period in the history of Man where aggression was not a major influence.
jammin man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 08:16 AM   #1990
Professor Plumpe
Keith1
School for Scandal
United Kingdom

To be quite honest, I don't think anyone could disagree with this bit:

I fear evolution has inbuilt greed and aggression to the human genome. There is no sign of conflict lessening, and the development of militarized technology and weapons of mass destruction could make that disastrous,

(My italics)
Old 10th August 2017, 03:44 PM   #1991
lonesomebob
I Have No Life
United States

"And so castles made of sand slips into the sea,
Eventually"
Global Warming 'Vanishes' After Australia Adjusts Climate Data Error
Old 7th September 2017, 07:40 AM   #1992
Mark Pickford
Bronze Supporter
United Kingdom

GT40: GT40 Arch Rival

The most hilarious thing of all, is Mankind's arrogant belief that we have a right to exist for ever and that we possess the ability to bend the Universe to our will and sole benefit. All this, whilst not even knowing for sure how we came to exist in the first place.
Mark Pickford is offline   Reply With Quote