Very strong message

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
So did I.

If I could have one thing for Christmas- one thing- it would be that no one, anywhere, ever, would have to go through anything like this again.

After nearly thirty years in ED/A&E, I've seen more of this than I'd like to think about.

Having worked as a lineman for Tucson Electric Power, I was surrounded by guys that drank, some heavily, some not, but most of them drank. I got up one day and decided that the tail was wagging the dog, that was 29 years+ ago. Life got a lot simpler, for a while I thought the police had stopped working. All in all, it was a good decision to stop at least for me. I was amazed at how cheap dining out was after stopping.

Pictures of an horrific crash in which a seven year-old boy saw his father killed have been released by police and the boy's family.

The shocking photographs have been released as part of a hard-hitting anti-drink-driving campaign. Dad-of-three Trevor McCabe, 52, was three times over the limit when he was driving his son along the B122, near Castleford, North Yorkshire, in August this year.

Mr McCabe's Volkswagen Golf smashed head-on into a Honda CRV. The dad died and left his little boy seriously injured. The police photographs show the terrible aftermath of the crash.

The driver and a passenger in the Honda - which was travelling in the opposite direction - suffered what were described as '"serious, life-changing injuries".

Attachments

• 1-pa-12239960.jpg
    1-pa-12239960.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 120

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"If you drink and drive you're a bloody idiot" --looks like an Aussie clip -- damn, almost puts me off going for drive.

Good one Al.:thumbsup:

Back