Car of the Year 2010 - RetroFord Magazine

Hi everyone,

RetroFord Magazine - MotorSport Car of the Year 2011

My Gunston Capri Perana has been nominated as a contender for the car of the year.

If you think that this Capri Perana Gunston race car deserves to be Car of the Year -

perana_Bath.jpg

ontrack_2.jpg

then please send in your vote to the following email address:

email: [email protected]

You can also vote via RetroFords Facebook page Retro Ford Magazine | Facebook - once the page loads - scroll down

til you see a pic like this -
retrofordFacebook.jpg

then just below stick a tick in the "Perana re-creation box" - Yay!

If emailing - please don't forget to mention that your vote goes to the Gunston Capri Perana

ps votes after 3rd of Jan will not count.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas.

Chris

Last edited:
Done

I always liked the Gunston colours. - John Love came from mu home town of Bulawayo

Ian

Ian - you're right the Gunston colours have been a huge talking point at every show this year. The funny thing is every South African guy who has turned up and seen the car immediately says "I saw this car racing at Kyalami in the 70's" then I have to explain it's not the original car. It's fun to see the look of nostalgia all over their faces!

cheers Chris

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Well I can say I saw the original racing at " The Victoria Falls Road Circuit" in Bulawayo as a curtain raiser prior to a South African formula 1 series race. John Love sone the F1 that time against Charlton and Tingle.

Great times

I believe the same car was sold toRay Yeo in Harare a number of years later and he campaigned it in the local race series. It was at that stage listed as a six litre so I have no idea what engine was in it at that stage.

Ian

Well I can say I saw the original racing at " The Victoria Falls Road Circuit" in Bulawayo as a curtain raiser prior to a South African formula 1 series race. John Love sone the F1 that time against Charlton and Tingle.

Great times

I believe the same car was sold toRay Yeo in Harare a number of years later and he campaigned it in the local race series. It was at that stage listed as a six litre so I have no idea what engine was in it at that stage.

Ian

Since then it was restored in 1992 by Nick Sheward, then sold to Graham Rooke, then to Ant Corin who currently owns it and still races it.

Z181 was retired by Peter Lindenberg in Feb 2011. I have some great video of them racing together in 2009. Hope to get the DVD done in 2012.

Back