Osama Bin Ladin

I just finished a book, Seal Target Geronimo by Chuck Pfarrer former Seal Team 6 Commander. It goes in depth into Seal training, Seal Team Six selection and training and the OBL mission preparation and training. It also make things a bit clearer. Most people thought that the President and staff in the situation room were watching head cam images of the raid, where in actuality the were watching an aerial view from a drone. When Hillary showed shock, was when the chopper went down. The book also said that given the risk, planning, and treasure trove of information that was obtained, it would have served us better had the raid been kept a secret for a period of time to make use of the info. As it was the information was rendered useless and bad guys ran for cover as soon as the annoucement was made. I always knew that Seals were a special breed of men , this book made it clear just how good they are. A great read.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Its good to see that the Seals acknowledge the background help that they received from the SBS, when being formed. Credit where credit is due, to which ever country, which is rarely the case in actuality. Sadly, we just lost a Captain from that unit in Afghan.

Its good to see that the Seals acknowledge the background help that they received from the SBS, when being formed. Credit where credit is due, to which ever country, which is rarely the case in actuality. Sadly, we just lost a Captain from that unit in Afghan.

That was another comment in the book, the Seals would rather not have been acknowledged because it put their private lives and loved ones in harms way. It also targeted the unit.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

This is from the Christi

Book on bin Laden raid is a 'fabrication,' says US Special Operations

'SEAL Target Geronimo' by former Navy SEAL Chuck Pfarrer, which presents an alternate version of the death of Osama bin Laden, is 'far off the mark,' says a US Special Operations spokesperson.

By Molly Driscoll / November 16, 2011

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var pgallerycarousel_itemList = [ {"url_sm":"\/var\/ezflow_site\/storage\/images\/media\/images\/11-16blog1\/11014724-1-eng-US\/11-16blog1_full_380.jpg","url_lg":"\/var\/ezflow_site\/storage\/images\/media\/images\/11-16blog1\/11014724-1-eng-US\/11-16blog1_full_600.jpg","caption":"Chuck Pfarrer's book 'SEAL Target Geronimo' claims the stealth helicopter involved in the raid on bin Laden's compound on May 2, 2011, crashed later than the White House reported in their version of events. ","credit":"Mohammad Zubair\/AP","related":""} ]; // remove quote html entities for (i=0;i
an Science Monitor</P>

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Here is more of the article from THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR

Officials from US Special Operations are saying the book “SEAL Target Geronimo” by former Navy SEAL Chuck Pfarrer is full of “fabrications” and that Pfarrer’s version of the attack on Osama bin Laden is untrue.

Recent post.. “It's just not true,” U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman Col. Tim Nye told the Associated Press. “It's not how it happened.”
“SEAL Target Geronimo,” which was released Nov. 8, says that many of the official details on the attack released by the US government are untrue. It claims that the SEAL team killed bin Laden less than two minutes after arriving at the compound where bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan and that a stealth helicopter that the White House said crashed soon after the raid began actually crashed later, allowing the attack to be carried out in the way the SEALs had wanted.

It will be interesting to see which version is closest to the truth.

Tom, you may want to check some more reviews before you tell us more about this book, you would not want to miss-lead anyone:)

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, Here is another review of part of the book.

Author Chuck Pfarrer is taking flack over his account of the Osama bin Laden raid in his new revisionist history, SEAL Target Geronimo.

But that’s overshadowed another big problem with the book: Pfarrer’s claims about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction are absolutely bananas.

To read SEAL Target Geronimo is to get sucked into a vortex of WMD insanity. Pfarrer says that Saddam Hussein had dangerous, active chemical, biological and nuclear programs up until the day of his downfall. Worse, those weapons made it into the hands of Osama himself. Why didn’t you know about it? Because craven politicians and the lying media hid the truth about what U.S. military weapons experts uncovered.

Well, sorry, Charlie. I was one of those military experts in Iraq. I learned the full, underwhelming truth about Saddam’s programs because I was there to help the Iraqis settle the issue once and for all. And SEAL Target Geronimo‘s claims are the literary equivalent of a smoking gun that could have been a mushroom cloud — a paranoid, evidence-free fantasy, fueled by ignorance.

Tom, you may want to hold off even thinking about this book. You would hate to be lied to, I hope!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

There is an old saying, you may not know it, but it is well known to folks in the history/fact business.......

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

From what I can see so far, Mr Pharrer has made big claims with little, to no evidence!

Last edited:
Tom,

There is an old saying, you may not know it, but it is well known to folks in the history/fact business.......

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

From what I can see so far, Mr Pharrer has made big claims with little, to no evidence!
You are the one with no evidence, Chuck Pfarrer was a Seal and was a Commander of Seal Team Six. I tend to like his qualifications over yours!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Perhaps you will like the qualifications of the Admiral, head of SOCOM: Adm: McRaven who ran the operation?

Special Operations Command

Reported from Military.com
“This is a fabrication,” Nye countered, issuing an on-the-record denial on behalf of Navy SEAL Adm. Bill McRaven, who took command of all special operations this summer.
In his previous role, McRaven executed the raid in May as head of the military’s elite Joint Special Operations Command. Nye said McRaven was concerned the book would lead Americans to doubt the administration’s version of events. He also disputed Pfarrer’s portrayal of friction between the CIA and the military special operations forces who carried out the raid.
“We have never come forward and gone after an author and say that is a lie,” Nye said. “That tells you how far off the mark we believe this book is.”

Last edited:
Jim. Why are you so invested in taking down Chuck Pfarrer? I don't doubt his contact group or ability to get the facts of what actually happened. I suspect your reason is that the release of Osama's death compromised the use of the information gotten in the attack. Common sense would dictate that this is correct. If I was in Al Quaida and learned of the attack, I sure as hell would have changed the way I did things and found a hole to hide in. Why don't you read the book? It was quite good.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

I would not know Chuck Pfarre from Adam, I only know he wrote a hatchet job book that even the Commander of the raid, who almost never comments calls the book a "fabrication".

Tom, George BushII and Cheaney staked their reputation on their being WMD's in Iraq. Once they took over Iraq they sent team after team to scower the country for any evidence of WMD's.

THEY FOUND NONE!

Now this guy, with no evidence says that "craven politicians and lying media" covered it up!

Really

Were Bush and Cheaney craven? Did they hide the evidence? Why would they do that?

Tom, why would they admit with long faces that they could not find any WMD!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So Tom,

You do not believe me, you do not believe the Commander of the raid, do you believe George Bush?

<TABLE class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" vAlign=top></TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top>bush admits there were no WMDs in IRAQ - YouTube
2 min - Feb 23, 2008
Uploaded by anonfail

<CITE>www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSN-Kku_rFE</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE> <CITE></CITE> <CITE></CITE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" vAlign=top></TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom I know you desperately want to believe this book, because it reinforces all the things you believe.

In stead of this raid being a great victory for Obama it makes it a failure...........

There is nothing that makes you happier than when someone makes Obama the bad guy.

That accounts for your defending Fox and this book, but this book is nothing but lies!

It needs to go into the fiction section with Charriots of the Gods, We never went to the Moon and those Joe McCarthey books.

Tom if you want to listen to Fox, fine, if you want to read this book fine but do not come here and try and pass this stuff as fact, it won't fly!

Last edited:
Tom I know you desperately was to believe this book, because it reinforces all the things you believe.

In stead of this raid being a great victory for Obama it makes it a failure...........

There is nothing that makes you happier than when someone makes Obama the bad guy.

That accounts for your defending Fox and this book, but this book is nothing but lies!

It needs to go into the fiction section with Charriots of the Gods! We never went to the Moon and those Joe McCarthey books.

Tom if you want to listen to Fox, fine, if you want to read this book fine but do not come here and try and pass this stuff as fact, it won't fly!

Ahhhh, I knew you were coming from there. It was a great victory for Obama, they should have sat on it for a couple of weeks to use the intelligence. It would have helped him politically after two weeks and had the same impact. You have no proof or info as to whether the book is true or not. Where is your proof of lies? The author says it's true, I believe him. When I posted the original thread, I wondered "How can Jim fuck with this?" You never cease to amaze!

Does your wife slap you daily, I could see it if she did.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
You are the one with no evidence, Chuck Pfarrer was a Seal and was a Commander of Seal Team Six. I tend to like his qualifications over yours!

Tom, I see no evidence that he was ever the "Commander of Seal Team Six".

He was a Navy Seal back in the 1980's".................

So you do not believe the Commander of the raid, but you do believe this guy......

Sure, anyone who was in a secrete branch of the military in the 1980's must know all that goes on today, yea right"................. more than the commander of the raid? Sure Tom!

Last edited:
Tom, I see no evidence that he was ever the "Commander of Seal Team Six".

He was a Navy Seal back in the 1980's".................

So you do not believe the Commander of the raid, but you do believe this guy......

Sure, anyone who was in a secrete branch of the military in the 1980's must know all that goes on today, yea right"................. more than the commander of the raid? Sure Tom!

Pfarrer ended his service as Assault Element Commander at the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU), formerly known as SEAL Team 6.

You didn't read the Wikipedia biography on post #8

Why don't you read the book, everthing in it followed the timeline of the raid.

Back