Can a "moderate" conservative win in 2012?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It looks to me like the Ohio caucuses got it right, if only by the slimmest of margins.

Romney over Santorum...moderate prevails over radical.

IMHO we'll see a decline in the influence that the TEA Party Zombies exert over the Republican party in the near future. Surely Boehner is tired of having to deal with them, he looks like the worst kind of horse's ass b/c of the way he's letting them lead him around by that ring the TEA party inserted into his nose. The TEA party is, IMHO, exactly what it is....a small, but very vocal, band of trouble-makers, not any sort of indication of what is to come in our country's political landscape.

IMHO, the American people don't want radicals running our government, no matter whether they are liberals or conservatives.

So, and again it's just MHO, it appears that Ohio realized this (note that the kooky Ron Paul was just slightly down from Santorum) and the results of the caucuses should cause the radical right wing to shake in their boots. No, it was not a landslide victory (and therefore not to be considered any sort of "mandate"), as I said it was by the slimmest of margins, but it could be a harbinger of things to come :thumbsup: .

OTOH, Ohio doesn't exactly have the greatest record for picking the eventual winners, do they?

It's doubtful to me that any moderate conservative can win in 2012 (and most certainly not any of the :thumbsdown: radical conservatives), we already seem to have a POTUS who has moved much closer to the moderate conservative viewpoint and why swap captains in the middle of such a terrible storm?

If I'm right, it sure will be fun getting to watch the TEA party get what it so richly deserves :idea: !!

Cheers!

Doug

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
It looks to me like the Ohio caucuses got it right,

You meant Iowa perhaps?

Although this the one time every four years when Iowa become more than the shortcut to Nebraska and most Americans remember it is a state! (though most think it is the "Famous Potatoes" state.....)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rick, I always though Idaho was the "potato" state, but I guess that was before they were buried under all that "glacial ice":)

At this point, the best thing the Tea party folks can do for America is to run a third "independant" candidate, to further spread the consevative vote!

Last edited:
When you take into consideration money spent on Romneys side and the fact that he has the full support of the republican party, oh lets not forget the left is really pushing for another beatable moderate........
But results show Romney vs conservative virtually tie...hmm not bad
But I digress, at this stage in the game none of this really matters:thumbsup:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You meant Iowa perhaps?

Or was it Illinois?

Somehow, they all seem to run together, unstoppable, sorta like lemmings over the cliffs. This just seemed to be an entertaining start :laugh: .

Cheers!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
It looks to me like the [Edit: IOWA] caucuses got it right, if only by the slimmest of margins.

Romney over Santorum...moderate prevails over radical.

IMHO we'll see a decline in the influence that the TEA Party Zombies exert over the Republican party in the near future. Surely Boehner is tired of having to deal with them, he looks like the worst kind of horse's ass b/c of the way he's letting them lead him around by that ring the TEA party inserted into his nose. The TEA party is, IMHO, exactly what it is....a small, but very vocal, band of trouble-makers, not any sort of indication of what is to come in our country's political landscape.

IMHO, the American people don't want radicals running our government, no matter whether they are liberals or conservatives.

So, and again it's just MHO, it appears that [Edit: IOWA] realized this (note that the kooky Ron Paul was just slightly down from Santorum) and the results of the caucuses should cause the radical right wing to shake in their boots. No, it was not a landslide victory (and therefore not to be considered any sort of "mandate"), as I said it was by the slimmest of margins, but it could be a harbinger of things to come :thumbsup: .

OTOH, [Edit: IOWA] doesn't exactly have the greatest record for picking the eventual winners, do they?

It's doubtful to me that any moderate conservative can win in 2012 (and most certainly not any of the :thumbsdown: radical conservatives), we already seem to have a POTUS who has moved much closer to the moderate conservative viewpoint and why swap captains in the middle of such a terrible storm?

If I'm right, it sure will be fun getting to watch the TEA party get what it so richly deserves :idea: !!

Cheers [Edit: X2 :drunk: ]!

Doug

:embarassed:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
When you take into consideration money spent on Romneys side and the fact that he has the full support of the republican party, oh lets not forget the left is really pushing for another beatable moderate........
But results show Romney vs conservative virtually tie...hmm not bad
But I digress, at this stage in the game none of this really matters:thumbsup:

Craig, you are so wrong, the left is pushing for a Backman, Palin ticket.

There is something almost endearingly charming about the naivete of a character like yourugliness, until you realize there is the possibility that guys like this may have actually taught a classroom. It certainly explains the abject ignorance of so many of our kids nowadays in every one of the 57 states.

After getting the most LIBERAL President of the United States elected without the slightest effort at vetting, the left now insists the Right choose a "moderate" conservative as our candidate.

When the definition of middle of the road is so skewed as to mean "Barack Obama," is it no wonder that the world is on the verge of total collapse?

Millions of dollars spent, thousands of Democrats registering as "Republicans" to vote for Ron Paul, and Romney can only come up with 8, that's E.I.G.H.T, more votes than a candidate who always ran at the back of the liberal media polls, must tell even the most naive Liberal Momma's Boy, living in the basement, sniffing glue (excuse me, building model GT40 cars) that "You don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows."

"Look out kid, you're gonna get hit."

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
At this point, the best thing the Tea party folks can do for America is to run a third "independant" candidate, to further spread the consevative vote!

I could see Ron Paul as a 3rd party candidate, supported by the TEA Partiers! For some reason, he really seems to connect with the youth of today, too.

Wonder what kind of 3rd/Independent party interest there might be in a Ron Paul/Donald Trump ticket.

I like some of Ron Paul's ideas, not so much The Donald, but I must admit he'd bring the "star-power" to the independents and some validity as a survivor of hard economic times, too.

Keep in mind what "genre" our youth of today looks up to....it takes way more than just performance, you have to be outrageous in some manner to even get noticed. First it was WWF, now it's just the Kardashians.

Joe the Plumber/Joe Horn from Pasadena, TX?

‘Joe the Plumber’ launches bid for Congress – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Joe Horn shooting controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What will it take to win in (and, perhaps, in spite of) this media-frenzied culture that's developing? Seems that the attack ads worked pretty well in Iowa (thanks, Rick!).....dirty politics ahead?

Gonna be interesting.....

Cheers!

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

You have a lot of nerve to call somone else naive, you who think the founding fathers ended slavery, Joe McCarthey was framed and that Buffalo is covered in "perminant glacial ice".

Bob,

You have a lot of nerve to call somone else naive, you who think the founding fathers ended slavery, Joe McCarthey was framed and that Buffalo is covered in "perminant glacial ice".

Well there you go again. The Founding Fathers created the framework of a country that finally banned slavery after thousands of years of human history which took slavery for granted.

In lock step with every other indefensible act of Liberalism, the Left attacked the messenger, rather than try to deny that their side is riddled with Communists.

In lock step with every other indefensible agenda of Liberalism, you choose to denigrate the facts with childish exaggerations.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Bob, here is the quote that you agreed with........

White Christmas 2012
Have a look at this photo of the Northern Hemisphere snow cover. The light grey is snow cover, the white is permanent glacial ice, and the shades of purple to orange and yellow are the sea ice".

Bob, if the white area is "permanent glacial ice" and Buffalo is shown in white, what part of my comment is "childish exaggeration"?

Ignoring our founders creating the framework that led to the abolition of slavery, and de facto admitting the Democratic Party is riddled with communists, Jimmie Craik Corn goes for the juggular and nails me on Buffalo!!!!

This is for to laugh~

Bob, here is the quote that you agreed with........

White Christmas 2012
Have a look at this photo of the Northern Hemisphere snow cover. The light grey is snow cover, the white is permanent glacial ice, and the shades of purple to orange and yellow are the sea ice".

Bob, if the white area is "permanent glacial ice" and Buffalo is shown in white, what part of my comment is "childish exaggeration"?

Craig, you are so wrong, the left is pushing for a Backman, Palin ticket.
Wrong again Jim......the left is deathly afraid of running against conservatism.. I still remember how the left went absolutely WILD when Palin popped onto the scene and was armed with the conservative message, you guys were foaming at the mouth it was crazy hahaha....She may not be the right person but the conservative ideal is....why do you think whenever anyone running (including obama) like to mention themselves in the same breath as Regan.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Craig, Sara Palin appeared out of nowhere and within days had proven to all that she had absolutly no idea what she was taking about and that no way was she qualified to be #2 on any ticket. That has not changed. Every liberal from Me to John Stewart would love nothing better than a Palin nomination!

Even McCain said the she was a mistake, you really do not want us to discuss all the stupid things she has said, do you?

Bob, here is a question for you, I know most have gone over this, but I think you missed this discussion.

Bob, when was the last time a Republican was elected President without a Nixon or a Bush on the ticket?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ignoring our founders creating the framework that led to the abolition of slavery, and de facto admitting the Democratic Party is riddled with communists, Jimmie Craik Corn goes for the juggular and nails me on Buffalo!!!!

This is for to laugh~

Bob, you continue to use and make fun of my FULL NAME, while you hide behind a "handle". You have failed to meet the requirments of this site, rule 2.

We want to know who we are talking to.

Bob, if you have nothing to hide, or even if you have something to hide, tell us your full name!

Last edited:
Bob, you continue to use and make fun of my FULL NAME, while you hide behind a "handle". You have failed to meet the requirments of this site, rule 2.

We want to know who we are talking to.

Bob, if you have nothing to hide, or even if you have something to hide, tell us your full name!

You know, jim, you're on to something. I think you should demand Ron force all members to reveal their real names. I'm behind you all the way! Like I've said before, jim, "I'm here for you."

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Yeah, Terry, we do seem to beat the same old horse over and over, don't we?

Looks like Romney continues to come out on top in the Republican caucuses/primaries.

What amazes me is that his opponents seem to be "...not clear on the concept". They constantly complain that Romney is not electable b/c he is "too" moderate, yet the party's electorate seems to be speaking quite loudly at the caucuses and primaries as to whether they want a "moderate" candidate (looks to me like that's what they want) or a "radical" candidate...those who seem to be complaining about Romney's moderate nature are mostly among the group whose voter support seems to be waning. Need proof....look at Bachmann, she w/d after placing last in the recent pre-election festivaties. She's the most radical of the bunch, would not even answer reasonable questions from debate moderators or reporters covering her campaign.

As for "...the initial discussion", at this time the Conservatives seem to think Obama's approval rate is low, but they conveniently forget that as the elections near the approval rating of the incumbent generally improves as those who were undecided make up their minds.

There surely are "conservative" Democrats out there, but they don't seem to be making any sort of power play....B.O.'s power base is too strong within the party (and B.O. seems to be moving toward a more centrist position within the political spectrum, anyway).

To this "outsider", it seems the Conservatives will be shooting themselves in the foot if they run anyone other than Romney...but, the radicals within the Conservative ranks seem to be oblivious to the apparent fact that their radical rhetoric and approach seems to be turning the electorate off against the party that seems to be their only "port" in this tempestuous storm.

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. As the Conservative flock thins out with each withdrawal, there will be even more 'posturing" among the remaining candidates.

I know that most of us politically sentient Texans would REALLY rather NOT get Rick Perry back, but the only way we can obtain that level of relief here in TX would be for him to be the Conservative candidate and win the election against B.O. IMHO, as much as we dislike being stuck with him here in TX, we really don't want to "stick" the entire country with him, so hopefully (and sadly ) he'll probably be back :thumbsdown: .

Now.....back to our regularly scheduled entertainment program (beating the "LB" dead horse) :thumbsup: !!!

LB....we'd sure like to know who you really are. I think you're a pimple-faced, defiant, fat 13 year old kid who was so bad he's been removed from the general education programs and is truly "lonesome" b/c he has to be home schooled (or placed in a highly restrictive program for the safety of the rest of the students in his school). Prove me wrong :laugh: , please.

Cheers!

Doug

Back