F1 road trip to Italy

Hi all

Just booked a trip to Italy for me and a couple of mates as a treat for my 30th birthday. The plan is to pick up a car in Pisa and do a road trip for a few days. We've got tickets to the second F1 test day at Mugello and wondered if anyone on here had ever been to an F1 test and did you enjoy it?

I am planning to tick a few more car related items on my bucket list such as hearing an F1 car at full chat and doing some car spotting at the Ferrari factory in Maranello.

Has anyone else done a trip to this region of Italy and what other car and non car things should we try to do? I've been looking at visiting the Ferrari museum and the Lamborghini factory also.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Pisa of course has the famous leaning tower. You could always take the obligatory pic with you pretending to be pushing it back up! There is a really nice little town called Lucca not far away towards the sea on the way to Viareggio which was used on an episode of Top Gear where they all got lost in the narrow streets but don't let that lot put you off - park outside the town.
Florence is not too far away inland and you can get enough culture there to last you years. The Duomo, Michaelangelo's David, Ponte Vecchio, Boboli Gardens etc. etc. etc.

Cheers
Mike

keep it longer and come to san marino (150 kmts from pisa)and visit also "maranello rosso" museum, where is hosted the REAL 250 gto used by mr. osculati till his last days (racing).
Small museum, but much more nicer than modena one.
The best ferrari collections here are private.dont expect so much from museums.Lambo one is nicer.

As road, rent a car and enjoy the "passo del muraglione" road, connection florence to forlì. Is a deadly must, even more if u would be a biker.
Its a sort of italian nordschleife...much nicer and with better food ;)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Be sure and have lunch at the Cavalino Resturant, across the street from the Ferrari main gate. Take the time to look at all the stuff on the walls, photos, helmets, wings, bodywork......

Last edited:
Back