american muscle cars, need your opinion plz

hi guys,
u all here inside are my referring point about powerful cars talk.

With the work I do now, I am in the position to choose in the next days what working car buy.
It have to be exotic and sporty, cant choose italian ones (reds and maser) cause they told me is just something availale for the owners.he will retire next week a new Maser Granturismo,car i dont like so much, but too better than the aston he has now (the gear shifting is LOL),and is 4 places.

The ones I can choose are-
Vette z06
Vette zr1 (this one is too hard to find in italy and dont really have the time to explore germany or holland for it)
Dodge viper srt , even if this one has the lowest price it scares a little me,mostly for my skill in drive it quietly on the road with her 800 hp.
Aston, as said, not my way,too expensive and I didnt like the drive of her....sry friends from uk.

Which one is the best one?..isnt something I miss of this kind of car that can be interesting?I dont consider any longer BMW cause they are at a lower level and I am bored by german wurstels.Porsches...i dunno, seems too common,and too expensive vs the americans above.
I love stars and stripes hp, u know.

Your opininon,with your experience, over these kinda cars will be really appreciated.

thank u

Ps. Of course I have no way to explain I deeply would prefer a gt40 replica.Already try.noway,also cause I need it to be something deeply tested on the road to be a safe and sure drive.

Last edited:
Viper baby!

Attachments

• VIPER COUPE.jpg
    VIPER COUPE.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 142
thats a GTS, down here is a little bit rare and the ones i saw have been killed in trackdays Scott.
Was thinking at the last SRT (like a lot the cabrios and the targa),but also 'vette z06 is tempting me a lot.If I think at the REAL american sportscar my mind goes immediately to corvette name...dunno why.
Is dodge good as chevy in quality build up?
Budget is around 50k euros.

was thinking also at elise/exige, but some yrs ago had one for some weeks and quality was more than crap (no carpets, no working electric windows,in highway a front light fly away..) lovely little rocket with a line that is inside my heart.but quality is miles under the last stolen fiat of the 80s.never again in my life,even more as working car.I know if such things happens to a corvette,will be a war in usa...

Last edited:
To me, the GTS Coupe is the best looking one and the fact that it is rare in Italy would be a plus. I believe they made an SRT version.

Trackdays? who cares, its a monster... far more than 99.9 % of weekend warriors can use to its fullest anyway.

The Corvette no doubt is a great value for the price, especially a used one, it just seems that everyone with some coin has one over here.

Get what YOU want Paolo, but test drive all of them.

Paulo,
Corvette, hands down! Has more room inside than the viper, good trunk space, and more power than you can use for the most part. The Z06 is right around 500hp. (it is also pretty good on gas too, something like high 20s if you drive nice) I have had c5s and drive a c6 vert at the moment. Great cars with good reliability and comfortable to drive in for hours. Have fun choosing, Scott

Paolo,
What are u looking for? Something confortable enough to drive for long trip and able to pull hard from time to time of do you want a real sports car? If you are looking for the first gobthe vette way as it has ac electric windowz ans everything you could expect. If you are looking for something that handles and pull like a race car and don't bother with ac electric windows gps freezer and a coffe macine onboard, just go the exige way. Light efficient and radical everyway. Sorry for us folks but you wont find anything us made that will alow you to enjoy little mountain roads.
My compromise would be a caymanS daily useable and able to pull hard on straight and mountain roads.
Just my 2 cents... I'd love to be in your position to choose a car like this. And im almost sure i would go porsche. Don't know if it fits the 50k but i would also look fior a gt3. By the way if u look absolutely us, i would look also the charger wich really looks good for me

Olivier

Pat

Supporter
Hi Paolo, great to see your post.
For me it's Corvette hands down. I've owned one and it was one of the best performing and trouble free cars I've owned. I think if you ride in a Corvette and a Viper, the choice will be easy. I've never been impressed with the Viper ride quality and overall fit and finish.
When you make your choice, post a picture!

I will always listen u Pat.
Next week will nearly surely take the z06,mostly for the trouble-free sensation such car gives me.
Drove one few yrs ago and was a blast,and finally ..it seems a SMALL vette.Wanted a zr1, but no one is available down here (seems few done also for USA)

thank u for the tip Oliver,but I really like much more the vette.Porsches are great cars,but this time want something proudly made in the usa.

Post pictures of such toys is a problem in italy.They follow us as if fiscal mafiosi and all must be hidden as much as we can.It is considered ONLY items for rich people (this car I take is priced as a brand new bmw 325...) but due to big cubic inch engine is consider exactly as a luxury business card.
Will also try to fit her very nice BBS rims.the combo on the z06 is usually stunning and I like it,as well as probably will ask for a decal of an american flag over the roof.
My boss will take a maserati granturismo (pearl white with leather blue interior),in the same place.
It is very similar to the one in this auction.Little more expensive and with different rims:
http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx?id=208983823

Sometimes is nice to be "forced" in drive such business cars..

Keith

There can only be one.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: First Test - YouTube

2012 Boss 302 Mustang

Ultra modern unibody construction
Latest technology DOHC engine more HP per cubic inch (Daytona 24 hours winner)
Potential for up to 50% power increase
Modern wishbone suspension
Wow factor
Real muscle car

Corvette

Old fashioned pushrod motor
Cart spring suspension
Body built from shrink wrap
Yawn factor
Not a muscle car

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
The new Mustang is an astoundingly good car, as is the new Camaro ZL1.

The Z06 and in particular the ZR1 are a completely different beast though. Basically supercars with cheap interiors.

The Viper is still very raw and visceral compared to the others. It's a good car, but the refinement has never matched the "best" Mustangs and the Z06/ZR1.

Money no object? ZR1.

Money a consideration? Mustang.

Pat

Supporter
I will always listen u Pat.

Post pictures of such toys is a problem in italy.They follow us as if fiscal mafiosi and all must be hidden as much as we can.It is considered ONLY items for rich people (this car I take is priced as a brand new bmw 325...) but due to big cubic inch engine is consider exactly as a luxury business card.
Auto usate: Corvette, Z06 AutoScout24 pagina di dettaglio

Sometimes is nice to be "forced" in drive such business cars..

Best of luck with it Paolo and post the pictures as 1/24 subjects for your modeling expertise ;)

moz-screenshot-2.png
I have one of the SuperSnakes with 750 hp. For 2103, FORD has a new engine in the GT500. $60,000 US, 5.8 L, that is said to top 200 mph off the truck and the speed limiter turned off. You'll need to lower the car. Lord knows what Caroll Shelby will do to it after it goes through SAI fingers in Las Vegas. They are already running 1,000 hp in the 5.4L and live in my hometown. Don't get the 3.73 rear end change. With 3.31 ratio I'm still spinning the 20" Michelin SuperSports tires in 3rd gear. Second choice would be a SHELBY GT/SC. More fun and a lot less $$. Third a Corvette. another car with great options for the money.
moz-screenshot-3.png

For what it's worth, I have been lucky enough to have had a few 'nice' cars and am taking delivery of a DBS this week (I only mention it because you state a specific dislike for Astons!) ;) but if I were to be 100% honest, the single most desirable car that also makes 'sense' to own on any meaningful financial level, whilst maintaining long-term desirability and dare I say 'respect' for what it is, you must buy a Porsche 930 of a mid eighties vintage. Without going stratospheric on price, you cannot go wrong with a 911 turbo! It's fact, perhaps even the law!

If I had to buy American 'muscle', then a 66 Mustang is hard not to buy.

@jeff, thank u, but as said..too hard find zr1's down here.Seems quite rare car and nearly all saved in the US.

@pat , of course my friend;)

@Mark: my boss had the aston, and was a great car (the sound mostly was impressive).It is the gear shifter coming from something else.It kills the drive.seems nearly ugly as the Merc sl ones.Not for me.
Vintage cars, as well as my so loved gt40, is not in the list, unfortunately,and I need something powerful but 100% AFFIDABILE,on all roads,and in this...the chevy seems the top one available.
Mustangs and camaros are too nice muslces,but for me the real american sportscar is the vette.

I still love the gt40.more than ever.

LOL keith...I can take your ferrari and use it:D...will be honored to do it :D:D

Last edited:
After thinking it over, and using real world conditions, I must ask the question. If this is a daily driver or not, the question still applies. Where do you have the road to drive at triple digit speeds (mph not kph) for any length of time without traffic and not risk being locked up? Very few areas here in the eastern US. Even a NASCAR driver clocked at 128 mph in a 45 zone, gets locked up, fined, and looses his license to drive on public roads. I'm 50 miles from the infamous 'Tail of the Dragon' and if you read about it you'll find your going to have law enforcement from two states, and the Federal government) (7 organizations), to slow you down. However, there is an extensive list of attorneys at the bottom of the web page. It is a great money raiser for the counties from the tourist. It comes back to the real world we drive in and the question, 'How much torque does it have and how well do you put it down without spinning your wheels up to 60-70 mph?'
My dream car has moved up to a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Super Sport. Its not American metal like you ask about at the start of your thread.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
How about real American Muscle? I"m daily driving a 72 Dodge Charger and love it. Worked the suspension and steering up to modern standards. Comfort and appearance next.

People love to see it go buy and as Grady indicates the around town torque is just awesome to have.

Keith

LOL keith...I can take your ferrari and use it:D...will be honored to do it :D:D

I've got a Ferrari? :stunned:

How'd that happen? :shifty:

If I find it in the garage Paulo, you are more than welcome to borrow it. I know you'll drive it safely.....:eek:

Back