Iracing.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Pete - no

Instead I read drivel spouted on the Political threads in this paddock :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Ian

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Ron had it. It's actually astoundingly good.

Some of the NASCAR boys race there. Worth a look if you don't have the time/desire/money t do "real" racing.

Having my johnson hacked off by an 300lb baboon using only a rusty knife and wearing a blindfold in a damp cupboard below the stairs, whilst sitting astride an angry porcupine, is better than politics Pete.

IRacing looks like a whole new dimension for losing all track of life, the universe and everything.

I would love to do I racing. I have no problem with paying for a service. But I have a problem paying for content. I have heard of people spending 1000's of dollars just to race. I enjoy sim racing but not for that price. That dont even include the wheel. A good wheel like the g27 starts at 250 bucks. There are people out there that spend thousands on a cock pit for sim racing only. Then you throw in a 2000 dollar plus gaming only pc. I have seen 5000 dollar three screen pcs.

Pete do you paint your own schemes. If you don't and want your own let me know. I do paint my own for my NASCAR game. here is some work.

3carrender-1.jpg

qeregtrgtrg-1.jpg

6416181-1.jpg

Tracker1.jpg

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
No Erik I don't have the talent, but my brother in law is a graphic artist and has done a couple for me. All my computers are down at the moment this is from my
iPad, as soon as I get back up I'll post some. I concentrate on open wheel events. Your paints are really excellent .:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I only paint for The nascar game because how easy it is to paint and preview the templates. I am trying to learn the gtr2 templates. They are a little harder to paint. If I could find open wheel templates for the open wheel f1 mods for Rfactor. I would try to paint my own in that also.

I would love to see some of your work.

Resurrecting this post. I have joined iRacing. I just happened to treat myself to a new PC for Christmas, so why not plug in the old G25 wheel?

WHAT A HOOT! Absolutely stunning! Just running in the MX5 Cup series, so no extra content is needed whatsoever. Fantastic, close, high quality racing. So far, 1x DNF, 1x2nd, 1x 3rd and 1x Win. This could get addictive!

As for Nascar 2003 Season, I have seen a couple of copies for sale on ebay. WOW, how much? I may have to sell my copy to help pay for the triple monitors I just bought!

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Mark,

Is this I racing really that good ?
Drop me a line please, i have an old wheel and may just have to dust it off and join...

I think for what the game is, its way too expensive and its only gets more expensive if you want a faster cars. I wish when you bought a 3 month subscription, it was 3 months of playing time and not 3 real world months. I could probably play it for a few hours a month at best these days.

They currently want $20 a month for a normal subscription, I don't know how much it costs to move up to faster cars, but it follows some sort of pay-to-play plan.

What specs do you have Chris? It has many settings you can adjust to fit most rigs under five years old and get pleasing results.

Back