Take it back!

The Supreme Court sided with a private land owner against the EPA in a case where the EPA created a wetlands out of a mud puddle. This kind of abuse has been going on for years. Property owners get destroyed over $30,000 a day fines for non compliance. Now to go after Fish and Game for their abuses such as planting endangered species hair on private land.

News Headlines

Yes, legislation forgets that not all things in life are black and white. The 'man' in the street rarely has the finances or the ability to commit the time necessary to challenge governmental stupidity.

Cudos to Mr & Mrs Sackett

How long before we need permission to erect a tent in our own back yards, for fear the insects residing in the grass have had their habitats destroyed and their rights violated, for the personal gain of the land owner?

Here's an unelected entity, writting laws without citizen input/approval, answering to no one with BIG pockets.

The only recourse up to this point is the Supreme Court!!!!

Yes, legislation forgets that not all things in life are black and white. The 'man' in the street rarely has the finances or the ability to commit the time necessary to challenge governmental stupidity.

Cudos to Mr & Mrs Sackett

How long before we need permission to erect a tent in our own back yards, for fear the insects residing in the grass have had their habitats destroyed and their rights violated, for the personal gain of the land owner?

Humans don't count when it comes to rights of anything else and money for the biggest player .

As far as the EPA and wetlands , around here , if you have the wrong tree in your yard , and the leaves that fall off it onto the ground have moisture under them , you have wetlands on you property , and can be fined if you disturb them be racking your leaves up . This according to some local residents that have wanted to do an addition , or build a garage on their residential lot .

Like wise most of the Cape Hatteras North Carolina off road areas are now closed to all traffic , or are foot traffic only . And the limited area that is left is taxed or has a fee of $50 a week or $120 a year , and a limited number of vehicles allowed at one time in assigned parking positions .
This done by groups that wouldn't show up for hearings , or listen to in put from any of the beach users such as the North Carolina Beach Buggy Association , who offered plans as ordered by the courts , to manage the areas . This has come to a dead line , which ended in loss of more responsible humans rights .
A lawsuit is now under way and , I hope for the courts to side with the public .
This National Sea Shore was originally set up as a full access public area , and is/was the last such area to have free access to drive on the beach .
If you are interested or might like to get involved , a bill has been drafted and needs support to get momentum .
You can find information here :February 25: NCBBA, CHAPA Lawsuit FAQ's
Your fellow driving enthusiast , and fishermen would appreciate any help .
The appeal of this to me is to be able to drive to the ocean , let the kids play , fly a kite or two , and sit under my tailgate and enjoy the area , with plenty of room between us and the next group on the beach .
The curent situation has the capability of harming tourism , and local business , and economy .
It's too much power allotted to those that say they mean well .

All the Supreme Court decided is that the Sacketts can take the EPA to court to settle the matter. Whether or not they win is an entirely different matter. It could very well turn out that the EPA wins, and the Sacketts are SOL.

Ian

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Just to stir it a little, tee hee :

Son's moving out
Two men were having coffee, when one of them said: "Last night, my son
just walked into the living room and said, ‘Dad, cancel my allowance
immediately, rent my room out, throw all my clothes out of the window,
take my TV, stereo, iPhone, iPod, and my laptop. Please give my jewelry
to the Salvation Army or Goodwill. Then sell my car. Take my front door
key away from me and throw me out of the house. Then disown me and never
talk to me again. And don't forget to write me out of your will and
leave my share to my brother.’"
The other man said: "Wow, he really said that?"
"Well, he didn't put it quite that way. He actually said ...
‘Dad, I've decided to work for Obama's re-election campaign.’"

Back