whitewash

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Most recent issue of OCTANE (a journal which I otherwise admire) contains an article on Franco Sbarro.

Without putting in all the information in the article, may I say that OCTANE's writer was extraordinarily kind to Mr. Sbarro, not bothering to mention that he lost in court for faking a GT40 and selling it as original. A shame, as people who don't know otherwise will read the article and think "what a charming fellow"

Must have been a slow news day at OCTANE. Incidentally, much of what they display in photos of Mr. Sbarro's handiwork is absolutely hideous shit, so perhaps there is some justice after all. Some of his cars might qualify for the European edition of "Pimp My Ride"

Jim,

Further to your comments on the Octane magazine article on Franco Sbarro, it does seem that the interview he gave the reporter was very brief as he was busy with his stand at the show, but even so, strange that despite the large amount of his time Sbarro has spent either building fake GT40s or creating documentation to back his fraudulent claims that those fakes are original Ford GT40s, the only mention in the whole article of "GT40" is when Sbarro summed up the cars that the Scuderia Filipinetti had raced.

Significance by ommission.

Especially in light of the fact that the fake 1040 is still being actively, vehemently touted as the original by its owner from new around 1987, Pierre Bos.

I'll have more for the forum on all of this shortly.

Ronnie Spain

Back