Spirit Airlines...

Pat

Supporter
As some may know, I'm currently doing some executive development research around situational awareness; the advantages of having it, how to get it and maintain it.
Why is this needed? Consider one Ben Baldanza, CEO of Spirit Airlines, who has not-so-quietly engineered a 5% share price drop in the space of one interview yesterday. He did this in an attempt to justify why a terminally ill veteran can't get a refund on a ticket (because his physician said he was too ill to fly). I guess the number of dying veterans too ill to fly is so vast that it is unthinkable to make an exception without, in the words of Mr. Baldanza, “... cheating all the people who actually bought the (travel) insurance”. He went on to say, “And I think that’s fundamentally unfair.”
Mr. Baldanza, I bet that Jerry Meekins, the dying vet, thinks that cancer is unfair. Would any of the Spirit insurance paying tickets holders want to trade places with him?
How can any CEO be so freaking oblivious of the world around him?? Too many executives and bureaucrats are insulated, clueless and deserve to fail. My problem in the research has been too many Baldanzas and not enough of the caring heroes that run some companies. Given the customer service ratings of Spirit, the culture seems to be inculcated by Mr. Baldanza's value system.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek,

It's hard for me to believe that someone so lacking in basic public relations skills, much less any form of compassion could advance this far in the Corporate world.

But then again, that maybe the very reason he did advance:(

Back