Since the Paddock is now Officlally Discovery Channel 10..

Keith

I though I would post this intriguing information..

Dead Penguins

I never knew this!

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica Where do they go?

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives
an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate
contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family
and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their
vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird
to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

Then, they kick him in the ice hole.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Dead Penguins
I never knew this!

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica Where do they go?

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

Then, they kick him in the ice hole.

I had no sooner gained my composure from the "Does Mrs. Crack Know" remark you pulled out of your hat, or elsewhere, and then I noticed this thread. At first blush, I thought, OMG, this is Andy's big brother and he's going to kick my azz. But, once I stopped laughing enough I am very pleased to report that, NO, I had no idea about the blessed Penguins and their death ritual.:laugh4:

BTW, when would be a good time for us to post threads with the black and white Disney reruns of ole yellar, Daniel Boon, and such. We could sprinkle in some snippets of Highway Patrol and Sea Hunt too. Those will wet their appetites, and we can finish up strong in late October with the best we have: The adventures of Amos and Andy.

Let's make it happen . . .

Robert

Keith

I had no sooner gained my composure from the "Does Mrs. Crack Know" remark you pulled out of your hat, or elsewhere, and then I noticed this thread. At first blush, I thought, OMG, this is Andy's big brother and he's going to kick my azz.

Robert

Now why would I do a thing like that? I might be a native, but I am friendly....:love:

Back