Budget Bucket Seats for your '40, T70, SLC, P4

Keith

Will also fit Lola, SLC and P4..

BucketSeats-1.jpg

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Damn, Robert, you've hit it out of the park. Congratulations. They've never offered to make me a Brit.

Then again, I'm Jewish, so I probably don't qualify.

Keith

Oy Vey!

OK, you can be a Brit already.. but why would you want to? You must be Meshugga...

You're far too polite but if you feel you need to, just get a Get, bring your Geld, come over and find a good girl meeskeit punin.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
By jove I've got it

That's an insult worthy of a Brit. Welcome...:drunk:

I never expected to live long enough to see the day when I was Britted! OMG, it's a dream come true. It's a tad bittersweet you know, since my dear parents and lovely wife are no longer here by my side to share and to celebrate this joyous occasion. Persistence does in the end help one to reach their goals. "The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and GT40s-- Of cabbages--and kings! I loved the Beatles dearly, and even in my youth I listened to Delila by Tom Jones. When I was young, I loved James Bond and Pussy galore even more. Recently, I even posted a piece by David Attenborough. Maybe that helped, huh. When do we begin slugging down the Ale, when can I visit the Queen Mom, Abbey Roads Studio is a must see! Oh, someone need watch over me since I don't want to become toffee-nosed because of my new status. Oh, the humanities - thank you, thank you - words are inadequate to express my gratitude. :jester:

Last edited:

Keith

"Oh the Humanities?"

That's odd, didn't Cronkite say that as Hindenburg crashed and burned?"

That's very eccentric, very British of you... :)

Oh, and be as toffeee nosed as you like. Be as posh as you can be old chap. Pip pip...

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
"Oh the Humanities?"
That's odd, didn't Cronkite say that as Hindenburg crashed and burned?"

Richard, the seed you planted did germinate within the halls of my simple mind.

Herbert "Herb" Morrison (May 14, 1905 - January 10, 1989) was an American radio reporter best known for his dramatic report of the Hindenburg disaster, a catastrophic fire that destroyed the LZ 129 Hindenburg zeppelin on May 6, 1937, killing 36 people.

I loaded the short, famous live broadcast on to the server. It's something I always remembered the first time I heard it. It was the extreme emotion of the broadcaster, I suppose.

live_radio_hindenburg.wav

Keith

Funny how things like that stick in your mind.. It must have been a shocking sight. Can't say I know why I remember his words.. perhaps it is as you say - raw emotion as it happened.

We also have a Morrison

Herbert Morrison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A very Left Wing chap, when asked about the principle of Britain moving towards a closer relationship with Europe this was the response:

When, just over 50 years ago, the first moves towards economic integration came in Europe — the coal and steel community — Britain’s position was clear and unambiguous. Civil servants, having received Europe’s proposal, tracked down Herbert Morrison, the deputy prime minister (and Peter Mandelson’s grandfather) who was dining at the Ivy (famous London restaurant - still trading)

Morrison had no hesitation. “The Durham miners won’t wear it,” he said, thereby ensuring that Britain stayed out, not only of the coal and steel community but also the European Economic Community which began a few years later.

A "miner" (ho ho) comment at the time, but look at the consequences and, perhaps, the necessary strengthening of the US/UK 'special relationship'

The Durham miners subsequently assisted in the fall of Heaths govt but were vanquished when Thatcher took her revenge on the unions some years later.

Most interesting of all: How the Heck did we get HERE! :laugh:

Back