Hotel Advice, York England

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm headed over to England for some vacation with the family. We'll be staying in London a few days, then in York for a bit before visiting with some friends for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to the trip and my wife is trying to plan everything to the nth degree. To that end I need a couple of suggestions for hotels in York.

to my way of thinking I like non-chain hotels, but, we need to be near transportation and the sights as we're trying to avoid renting a car and subsequently dying in a flaming ball of death when I forget to enter the roundabout in the proper fashion. We've got three of us, two adults and one eager ten year old.

Any suggestions? Also, any "must see" attractions in York? Thanks much!

Edit, Julie found one obscure one already....
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...k_Cat_Trail-York_North_Yorkshire_England.html

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ron...a few we checked out with the kids a few years ago.

The Shambles...nice cobbled area with cool shopping and street artists...

York Minster...bloody big pretty church

Cliffords tower...lots of steps...

All of York city center is walkable....and leisurely..

Ron Earp

Admin
I tried to call you last week to ask between Bath or York, but Julie already made the decision. We did book that hotel for London that you mentioned and we've now talked to some Brit co-workers who also said it was a good place. Looking forward to that one.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The Royal York on Sation road, so so comfortable. The National Railway Museum is a one day visit, and the Yorkshire Museum (which was totally refurbished in 2010) is a great place to visit. Its a Viking settlement so the original defences are still visible The cathedral is a seat of power in the hierarchy of the church and as Fran said The Shambles is a great area to get lost in. Some of the best coffee shops in the world.

Back