Blue Jam tonight

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
In the unlikely event that anyone from the Forum is local in MD.... blues jam tonight at the Emerald Cove in Chesapeake Beach, MD. This is the best blues jam I've been to in years- great players, great crowd, and even great food. Starts at eight pm.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Bob, I love it. Actually, there are a few great Jewish blues players: Mike Bloomfield, and Barry Goldberg come to mind. AND, don't forget George Gershwin, who was an enthusiastic write and player of blue-type music, and could jam piano with the best of them. (Like Art Tatum, for example) Since I am no longer (at least for the moment) in a working band, this jam session is the best thing that's happened to me in ages, a chance to dust off my chops and play a bit. Loads of fun. Also some terrific vocalists are showing up, which fronts the band very effectively.

"Long Time Coming" The Electric Flag, Mike Bloomfield. Those were the days! Dylan/Bloomfield, Bloomfield/Goldberg, Butterfield/Bloomfield/Bishop, the list goes on and on.

I got the nickname, "lonesomebob" from the guys at the blues open mic. I know what you mean, and I've never been too long out of a band my whole life.

Bob, I love it. Actually, there are a few great Jewish blues players: Mike Bloomfield, and Barry Goldberg come to mind. AND, don't forget George Gershwin, who was an enthusiastic write and player of blue-type music, and could jam piano with the best of them. (Like Art Tatum, for example) Since I am no longer (at least for the moment) in a working band, this jam session is the best thing that's happened to me in ages, a chance to dust off my chops and play a bit. Loads of fun. Also some terrific vocalists are showing up, which fronts the band very effectively.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I forgot Dylan!! whose REAL last name is Zimmerman, and who's a member of the tribe, too.

That first Flag album, I have worn out a few copies of that one. And the first three Paul Butterfield records; he wasn't Jewish, but he played like one of us :)

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
RIP Donald "Duck" Dunn, Stax bassist for Booker T and the MGs, also in the Blues Bros movies, and I think Dylan's touring band, who passed away in Tokyo, while on tour. Sadly missed. It's been a really tough year for rock 'n roll. :(

Back