My birthday

Keith

Was yesterday.

This is for everyone that missed it (except David M)

v-signfisherman.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The high light of your party was the cake. Well, not really the cake but the candles and how you tried to blow them out with your portable breathing oxygen system. You may not have seen what people were doing - but I did. They were running for cover anticipating a fire ball. I think you left only two candles still burning which was quite an achievement.
A fun event. Its in my diary for 2013.
I've got a photo of the event somewhere......

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Happy Birthday to you sir, and may you savor and enjoy many more.

I remain puzzled, however, at your choice of using a photo excerpted from a scene from the classic movie "The old man and the sea." WOE (What On Earth) was your inspiration? Curious minds need to know. Carry On! Robert

Keith

Happy Birthday to you sir, and may you savor and enjoy many more.

I remain puzzled, however, at your choice of using a photo excerpted from a scene from the classic movie "The old man and the sea." WOE (What On Earth) was your inspiration? Curious minds need to know. Carry On! Robert

Because a) I myself am an old man from the sea, and b) it is the most classic pictorial example of "fuck you" I could find.

Keith

Well it was a great day. A trifle hot which I had some problems with, but not enough to prevent the copious induction of chilled margeritas, Pimms and hand stretched pizzas.

David took time out of his busy Le Mans schedule and bought me some much needed cheese, and what he said was absolutely true - I did try to extinguish the birthday candles with liquid oxygen from my apparatus. Which proves that Margeritas, old age and Hardy are a lethal combination, not being in the slightest cognisant of the risks.

Thanks all for your belated felicitations, and to Marcus who sent me greetings under separate cover, not forgetting Mr Earp who's excellent forum emailed me a birthday greeting at 00:01 on the 26th. Would that the rest of you were so efficient, but I realise only too sadly what effect advancing years has on memory of trivia coupled with the fact that I am undeniably a twat which may have also limited the potential response.

A bientot

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Obviously you delete my emails without reading them Hardy, if you had desisted from that obnoxious habit you would have viewed my reply to your kind invitation, in which I wished you a happy birthday and many more to come.
Dont worry about the candles I assume you breathed the oxygen in before attempting to blow them out therefore converting the oxygen to carbon dioxide
not flammable at all. Happy birthday you old radical right wing white guy.:thumbsup:

Back