A tale of two cities...

Keith

Some of you will know what this is about. I didn't. However I find the hidden message interesting. It's quite clear that the originator of this series (there's plenty more) had (has?) a political agenda. Whether they did or not is not the reason I'm posting this.

I find the contrast both illuminating - and disturbing.

Make of it what you will.

HA2.jpg

HA.jpg

DM3.jpg

DM2.jpg

Keith

Correct Bob, 66 years on.

Hiroshima and Detroit.

Rather a compelling comparison I thought.... and slightly worrying if accurate.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
OK, guess one more time.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..........

detroit_skyline.jpg

japanslums.bmp

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I'm supprised that this has to be explained.

My first two photos: Detroit & Nagasaki.

The next two: Berlin, London.

My piont is, random photos like these show nothing.

One more thing, my name is Jim.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keep in mind, thanks to nuclear based urban renewal, I bet there are very few buildings in Hiroshima as old as the ones in these "after" photos.

In 2007 I drove through Detroit on the way to RCR, It was like driving through a third world country. Houses boarded up, beautiful old houses burned out and falling down. Factories in shambles. Pretty depressing.

Keith

I'm supprised that this has to be explained.

My first two photos: Detroit & Nagasaki.

The next two: Berlin, London.

My piont is, random photos like these show nothing.

One more thing, my name is Jim.

Craik, I did not ask you to post anything on this thread. I had not finished. You have no idea what further information I was going to post. By any definition, your intervention is trolling and/or cyber bullying and I believe our respective governments are trying to outlaw that on the internet.

You should go and speak to your wife before posting further.

Moderators, Craik is stalking me on this forum. Please tell him to desist.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Craik, I did not ask you to post anything on this thread. I had not finished. You have no idea what further information I was going to post. By any definition, your intervention is trolling and/or cyber bullying and I believe our respective governments are trying to outlaw that on the internet.

You should go and speak to your wife before posting further.

Moderators, Craik is stalking me on this forum. Please tell him to desist.

Here in the free world, you do not get to choose who posts and who does not.

Just like the other day, when you called the United States Of America the most racist country in the world (A country who freely elected a Black President) this is just another mindless attack on My Country.

Where you were going with this is obvious. Just a few days ago, that noted purvayer of truth Glenn Beck ran a whole series of stories comparing Heroshima and Detroit. He even used the exact same photos as you.

His theory was that Heroshima got the better end of the deal. It is now a bright clean modern city (cut to photo of bright shiny city) where detroit was destroyed by big govenment (cut to photos of the worst part of Detroit).

So Heroshima got the better part of the deal?

Lets see, a totally destroyed city 150,000 killed, thousands of lives ruined, thousands starving............(you consider that a good deal?)

Mr Beck and the original poster pick beautiful night time photos of a bright glowing city.................

Then, out of hundreds of cities in the US, they just happen to pick the one city in the US most effected by recent economic troubles.

Then they show stark day time photos of the worst parts of Detroit (yes Glenn Beck used the exact same photos as our original poster).

Keep in mind that if Mr Beck and the consevatives had their way, GM and Chrysler would not be profit making companies, they and their hundreds of thousands of jobs would be gone! Think what great Detroit photos you could show then.

Yes, I know exactly where you were going, with this, you were just regurgitating Glenn Beck! Exactly the same photos and all.

One more thing, you and Mr Beck should keep in mind............

GDP per person, per Country as of 2011:

US............$48,387
Japan........$34,740

Germany....$37,897
UK.............$36,090

Tell us again about economies and who got the better end of the deal!

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Oh My God,
What promised to be an interesting post has YET AGAIN degenerated into name calling, 'small dick' political ideology and basic anal plug.
Why the fuck , yes i didn't say 'feck'. but FUCK !! can't you keep your small minded twist on political theories out of the FUCKING MIX !!!.
Stop jumping in with unwanted CRAP and let Keith take this as he intended. The Paddock is littered with political bullshit.
For once, shut the fuck up and LISTEN !!!
If you had acted like you do on this forum at my school, there would have been an accident in the shooting range...

The pictures of Japan in posts 1 and 6 are of Yokohama, I work in one of the towers roughly in the middle of post 6.
Regarding the other pictures of abandoned buildings presumably in the USA. I could take some fairly similar pictures practically within sight of the 'glitzy' Japan pictures. The only real difference would be the lack of rubbish in the streets.

BTW in the first picture, the darker causeway which you can make out two bridges on, those bridges were made in the USA about 1800 and something and imported over here as part of Japan industrialization. Walking around the area which used to be the Mitsubishi shipyard there's pumps and various other things from the UK also.

The shipyards have moved south 20+ years ago and the Japanese shipbuilding industry has shrunk hugely under assault from the Koreans, now Korea is suffering with the rise of China.

After reading Jim's post I got curious and went and looked at the Glenn Beck piece.

I won't comment on what he had to say other than the pictures are of the wrong city!

WTF do some freaking research that's the Yokohama Landmark Tower in there the tallest building in Japan! Then he shows the Yokohama ferris wheel which before the London Eye and now the Singapore flyer was the largest in the world and famous for it.

There ladies and gentlemen is fox news in a nutshell. :smug2:

Keith

Firstly apologies concerning the photo identities. It was not my intention to deceive. I received these through a trusted source and did not check but I will in future.

Craik has finished this post. This is not what I had in mind. "To the Victor Goes the Spoils" WAS the direction until thread was highjacked and turned into a US political diatribe.

Who the fuck is Glen Beck?

Craik you are a troll.

His idea of a "free world" means interfering with MY freedom of expression whilst retaining the right to sabotage anyone who he feels conflicts with his viewpoint.

Craik, talk to your wife before posting here.

Keith

Didn't register. Still don't know who is is or what he does. American politics are alien to us in the UK but the headline kind of speaks for itself. Is he a Liberal Concervative, a Concervative Liberal, a Right Wing Yahoo, a Left Wing Stalin Apologist? Absolutely no idea mate.

Craik you are still trolling and advancing some God Knows political agenda. I am apolitical as I'm sure you have noticed most European posters are.

No agenda, no understanding of what the fuck you are on about most of the time.

I still want to know if you have talked to your wife about your postings?

PS Fox is something we hunt in the New Forest. Have never seen it what is it?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
If you look up the definition of "Troll, Stalker and Bully", you will see that I am none of the above.

What I am is a strong defender of my country. You have continually made unwarrented attacks on the USA, this is just another in a long line. You got called on it, using the exact same mislabeled, misleading photos as Glenn Beck then to cover yourself, you claim to have know I idea who he is.

That's crap and you know it, you were quoting him.

Stop your unwarrented attacks on my country and I will stop defending it.

But if you call the USA the most racist country in the world, post missleading photos, make rude generalizations about Americans then count on being called on it!

Guys, no matter where you are from, would you sit back and allow someone from another country to make unwarrented attack after attack on your country?

I did not think so!

By the way my wife thinks you are a jerk

Last edited:
Back