Summer is here at last!

Keith

Weather.jpg

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Thanks a bunch, Keith & David :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Don't need reminding of the lack of summer just as we all set off for the Le Mans Classic.

Some of us are also off to the Ring after the Classic, and the forecast for there aint good.

Hey ho, at least it won't be a pressure cooker like last time :idea::idea:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
At the moment I'm flying over to Paris on Friday morning and then my plan is from CDG to Le Mans using the TGV.
If anyone is driving over Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and has a seat vacant I 'm quite happy to contribute to the costs. It's only one way as well as I am picking up my equipment and returning to the UK on Saturday afternoon.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Both really. Door to door and gentlemanly hours to boot. Just in time for a beer and a pie with Marcus and Susanne in Arnage then back to the ferry via the wine distributors on Saturday and home again on Saturday night.

Keith

Both really. Door to door and gentlemanly hours to boot. Just in time for a beer and a pie with Marcus and Susanne in Arnage then back to the ferry via the wine distributors on Saturday and home again on Saturday night.

My regards (and a beer) to Marcus....

As far as 'P' goes... fantastic news mate.

:thumbsup:

Cheers to you Keith!

Later this year I´ll be coming over collecting Lola parts and then Dave and I will be taking you into custody for a beer or two...

Marcus

Keith

Hang on a cotton picking minute here David, how come you are going all the way to LM and coming straight back thus missing the Classic?

Are you nuts?

Mystified of Lymington :huh:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well Keith, I wont arrive until about 18:00hrs on Friday so I'll miss any activity on the circuit and as I'm (i) going out to dinner and (ii) getting some sleep for the return journey and (iii) I've seen Le Mans at the pinnacle of endurance racing so many times and lastly (iv) I don't want to be paddling about in the mud and crud when the rain comes so my visit will be a short one. Anyway, with the email I had from one of the stars of the Enthusiasts club, seemingly they do some laps on Friday and then they have a lunch on Saturday, then nothing much happens on Saturday evening as its starts emptying and people start drifting away by Sunday. Well, lunch doesn't do it for me as I'm fat enough already and I can be back home by midnight oclock plus on Saturday and then go to one of the best parties of the year here in Le Thames Valley (Little Marlow) from 14:00 on Sunday until "Mulligatawny and Kedgeree time" on Monday morning. Its a very serious affair and I've seen the champagne being delivered already along with some very large coolers.
I had hoped to have a look see to evaluate whether to take my gt40 look a like car in 2014, but as you are aware, some other plans are afoot over the next few months and I may well be a bit too pre-occupied in 2014 anyway.
After all of that - I think a mobility scooter will be my main chariot. You know how swift I am on one of those.....

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
ps I'm collecting my radar trailer and Merc van to bring it to Silvertone for the Le Mans Series race in August and its parked at arnage (we all call it arnij) airport since the 24hr event mid June.
It's also know as Aeroport du Le Mans.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
A really nice evening on Friday in Arnage with Marcus and Susanne. Superb wine - good company.
Keith - you'll have to get off your derriere and make the trip next time.
I had the most awful weather on the return with incredibly heavy (mons00n proportions ) along with dense fog for about 50 miles in the Rouen area. I wish we had the same weather during the 24hr as there was during the classic.........

Back