Now This is cool

I was looking at some prospects for a new tube bender, just checking on You Tube for videos and came across this baby, didn't research the cost, but just the concept and execution are awesome.
There is definitely some programming involved, but with today's user friendly software I would bet a roll cage is only minutes away.

Cheers
Phil
tube bending - YouTube

Ian:
That was my thought after I had posted. I would bet that at the rate the machine bends, and the variable radius capability, one could produce the tubes for a set of headers in about 5 minutes, and without seams. Although I do like the look of custom craftsmanship on a nicely done set of pipes.
I think once the initial programming was entered the whole setup could be tweaked to suit a particular chassis configuration pretty easily.
Maybe if I hit the lottery.
Cheers
Phil

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Gotta Have One

Cool indeed. Most likely the coolest ever. This goes beyond the performance parts. I want to bend. I don't know what and I would likely bend until a new unknown product emerged. I became a believer long before they showed me the Spiral and Helical bending, but when they did, I knew instinctively that this technology originated with the same aliens who visited upon us 6k years ago and showed us how to stick, stack, accurately cut to .00002 inch, and then place those 20 ton granite blocks on display to impress our friends and employers. Now they're back with this. Thank you, thank you. I want one.

Back