Condi Emerges!

DRUDGE EXCLUSIVE: ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER

ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER
Thu Jul 12 2012 19:30:01 ET

**Exclusive**

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal.

And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!

The timing of the announcement is now set for 'coming weeks'.

MORE

It was Condi who received two standing ovations at Romney's Utah retreat a few weeks ago, and everyone left with her name on their lips.

Rice made an extended argument for American leadership in the world.

In recent days, she emailed supporters:

"2012 is perhaps a turning point for the United States."

"The upcoming elections loom as one of the most important in my lifetime," she warned. "I'm very often asked to speak about our current foreign policy and the challenges that lie before us. However, we, as a country, are not going to be able to address any of those international challenges unless we first get our domestic house in order."

Developing...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This will absolutely never happen!.

Secretary Rice has had more than her fill of Washington, I guarantee she is very happy living here in Silicon Valley.

Now she will make speeches, she will go to the convention & make a big speech, but go back into consevative politics................no chance, none, ZERO!

Now don't get me wrong, I would love for her to be the VP candidate! She is smart and experienced. Plus, two liberals on the Republican ticket, that would be great...................but alas, it will never happen.

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I always liked Condi Rice! She had a cool head, could work with both sides of the political spectrum, did a great job IMHO.

We could do much worse.....I'm just sayin'!

Cheers!

Doug

Keith

Bob's 'facts' looks to be a bit more recent Jeff. However, on the basis (at least in the UK) of a complete denial, we have come to read such statements as meaning 'it's definitely going to happen!'

What a strange world we live in.

PS WTF is 'The Drudge Report?' :stunned:

Keith, the Drudge Report is the "news assembler" that has changed the headline cycle in the US. All he, Matt Drudge, does is pick articles that the mainstream media buries in the back pages and gives them "front page status" on one of the most trafficed websites in the WWW.

He got his claim to fame by breaking the Monica Lewinsky blue dress story when, I believe it was the Washington Post, refused to release it.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Bob's 'facts' looks to be a bit more recent Jeff. However, on the basis (at least in the UK) of a complete denial, we have come to read such statements as meaning 'it's definitely going to happen!'

What a strange world we live in.

PS WTF is 'The Drudge Report?' :stunned:

By a week or so, yes. But nothing directly from Ms. Rice (who I admire) in Bob's Drudge report article.

I think Rice would be a great addition to Romney's ticket. I just think she is like Colin Powell and very hesitant to get involved in a Republican administration again. Maybe Romney will change that; Romney is a pretty decent man.

Matt Drudge is a hero to guys to like Bob. He is a right wing blogger who trolls the internet for any story -- specious or not -- that the "lamestream" media is not reporting and trumpets it as his find. We have or had many like his kind now in the US -- Breitbart and others -- and they are basically good at nothing other than spreading rumors. Occasionally they hit a nugget, but it is rare.

"First and foremost, is the depth -- and the quality -- of Drudge's readership. Drudge's number of unique visitors is regularly touted but what is more important, in terms of his ability to drives news cycles, is that every reporter and editor who covers politics is checking the site multiple times a day."

"Phil Singer, former deputy communications director for Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign and now a Democratic consultant, called Drudge's "elite readership" a key to his influence. Singer added that a walk through any press filing center at a debate reveals every other laptop, at least, has Drudge's website up on its screen."

The Fix - How Matt Drudge Rules the (Political) World

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
You're right. By drudging up non-news and "pushing the news cycle" with it, he has made him self important. To the detriment of the rest of us.

On Edit: Your worship of him for the Lewinsky "find" pretty much sums up the problem doesn't it? No one I know was happy President Clinton lied about a blowjob. But no rational person I know (Republican or Democrat) think that it should have resulted in tens of millions being spent on an investigation -- over a blowjob! -- impeachment proceedings.

I'm not worshipping anyone. I explained a little about Drudge.

I too was disappointed that the impeachment ended up to be about the Lewinsky affair.

Chinagate, the opening up of Los Alamos to the Communist Chinese, which subsequently allowed China to steal our multi warhead nuclear secrets, should have been the focus.

Keith

Chinagate, the opening up of Los Alamos to the Communist Chinese, which subsequently allowed China to steal our multi warhead nuclear secrets, should have been the focus.

Surely, they could have just asked the Russians? They had people in Los Alamos from the beginning didn't they?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I saw Condi on the Today show this morning, denying she is considering the Veep position, says she is only too happy doing what she is doing.

Who knows?? Stranger things have happened (and it could NOT be a worse VP choice than was made by the Repubs in the last presidential race--IMHO Palin cost the Repubs that election win).

Cheers!

Doug

Casca;
And then [Antony] offered it the third
time; he put it the third time by: and still as he
refused it, the rabblement hooted and clapped their
chapped hands and threw up their sweaty night-caps
and uttered such a deal of stinking breath because
Caesar refused the crown that it had almost choked
Caesar; for he swounded and fell down at it: and
for mine own part, I durst not laugh, for fear of
opening my lips and receiving the bad air.~Shakespeare

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I am disappointed that Condi is taking that position and hope that she does change her mind.. I understand that has happened before..

I saw Condi on the Today show this morning, denying she is considering the Veep position, says she is only too happy doing what she is doing.

Who knows?? Stranger things have happened (and it could NOT be a worse VP choice than was made by the Repubs in the last presidential race--IMHO Palin cost the Repubs that election win).

Cheers!

Doug

I am Pretty certain that you are right in that the Republican party lost the election due to the selection of Sarah Palin. Not that she is a bad person, but that she is not ready to lead this country should something happen to the POTUS. It was a gamble that was made and lost.
Also I feel that they totally misread what the impact would be from 10's of millions of voters who would have normally cared less about the Presidential election. Guess what! Many of them actually got off the sofa and voted!

Sarah Palin was not only vetted beyond normal standards, she was villified, lied about, persecuted for her children (who also went through all of these attacks), and falsely mocked by the entertainment media.

In the same span of time, nothing was vetted about the future President. To this day, we know little about him, except that much of his autobiographies are fiction.

By the way, since when is being a Governor less qualifying than being a community Organizer and absentee Senator for a few years?

Most of all, let us not forget that she was running for Vice President, while the least prepared candidate in modern history was running for President.

I'm not even going to go into the ineptness of joe biden.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Bob, you've crossed over into looney land again.

The McCain campaign "vetted" Palin -- not sure if she is a nice person, many say she is not, but one thing she is is cunning and clever -- for about 2 days. Didn't even take the time to figure out she didn't know there was a North and South Korea.

We know just as much about the President as we do Palin unless you believe the crackpots who think he was born in Kenya, and so on. Both -- like any other candidate on the national stage -- get "vetted" mercilessily by the press and the other side.

All sensible folk I know, even many who liked her, knew she was not ready to be President. Hell, most of McCain's campaign staff knew that after a few weeks with her.

Biden can be a boob but he could get us through 2, 3, 4 years like Gerald Ford did. Palin? Holy cow.

Come back when you want to have a Planet Earth type discussion.

And still B.O.'s inexperience and ineptness goes overlooked. He actualy won his election at the 2004 Democratic Convention, with a teleprompter that is his crutch. He even blew the NAACP convention this week!

NAACP's own Alvin Chambliss said, "We have to re-elect him, but I pray that his second term will be different from his first term."

Obama's Absence The Talk Of NAACP Convention

Not too glowing, and very true, as African Americans have suffered more than most groups in the Obama economy.

Back