Tour de France - Disgraceful!

Keith

Bradley and Chris still first and second but disgusted at the dangerous sabotage on Stage 15.

Carpet tacks thrown on the course on the summit - 30 punctures! Thankfully, no-one injured. Bradley sportingly held back the main Peleton so that Cadfael Evans could rejoin after his puncture, as he didn't want to keep the lead through anothers misfortune in that manner.

Well played Bradley.

Could we be seeing a first British winner?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Cadell Evens didn't say it but did infer that it may have been Spanish fans.
He has been sabotaged in Spain a few times and will no longer ride there for that
Reason.

Keith

Who would have ever thought........

Bradley Wiggins (Team SKY GB)

Chris Froome (Team Sky GB)

1st & 2nd in Tour de France which finished today.

Mark Cavendish (Team Sky GB)

Winner final Champs Élysée Stage today (4th Stage won this Tour and 23 stages won in total)

Very normal people, superb athletes not the jumped up football celebrity mob that can't kick a ball.

Olympic Road Race in 10 days. Can they keep this up?

I also didn't know that Tour de France is, wait for it, the largest specator sport in the world!

(patiently waits for Nascar, F1 and synchronised swamp buggy racing fans to counter)

Congrats guys...a new direction for British cycling. We're rubbish at everything else..(except sailing)

Tiger Woods spat dummy today - says Lytham is unplayable!

Keith

Oh droll. I've studiously avoided TW jokes in the past.. and here you go dragging them all up again. :laugh:

It's not as if he doesn't deserve it though.

Today, his face is a picture of sullenness. He cannot hit a ball straight to save his life and he has let the traditionally challenging British Link course faze him, meanwhile, a fellow American with but a smidgen of his experience is running away..

Better move on before I am labelled a racist.

I have to say, seeing Lytham St Anne's 'pot bunkers' looking like a Pacific Islet complete with water feature is a tad unusual?

Plop!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Who would have ever thought........

Bradley Wiggins (Team SKY GB)

Chris Froome (Team Sky GB)

1st & 2nd in Tour de France which finished today.

Mark Cavendish (Team Sky GB)

Winner final Champs Élysée Stage today (4th Stage won this Tour and 23 stages won in total)

Very normal people, superb athletes not the jumped up football celebrity mob that can't kick a ball.

Olympic Road Race in 10 days. Can they keep this up?

I also didn't know that Tour de France is, wait for it, the largest specator sport in the world!

(patiently waits for Nascar, F1 and synchronised swamp buggy racing fans to counter)

Congrats guys...a new direction for British cycling. We're rubbish at everything else..(except sailing)

Tiger Woods spat dummy today - says Lytham is unplayable!

Congratulations to all, Wiggins slowing the race to wait for those effected by the tacks strewn about will go down as one of the most sporting things done by a top athlete for a long time.
As you say Keith much better than Woods dummy spit or Hamiltons wanting to retire on lap 2/3 after a puncture.

Keith,

The tack incident was terrible but I am glad it didn't cause a bigger incident. I also think it was great that Wiggens waited although at that point the race was essentially over. Attached are a few pictures from my trip over there where I watched in person from July 6th to the 12th. I can say those riders are super-human. I rode portions of the stages during that week and can tell you that only riding half of their mountain stages was absolutely killer.

Great athletes and beyond the doping issues, they are normally pretty appropriate in comparison to many others in the sporting world.

Regarding Tiger Woods.. call a spade a spade.. he simply needs more hookers and alcohol to get better. To hell with this "new swing" bull sh!t anymore. Obviously sleeping with 32.5 women a week was the secret to his success.

Kevin

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 112
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    454.3 KB · Views: 111
Back