What a Muppet!

Keith

And he came over here to "expand his presence and popularity amongst foreigners"

I know one thing, he has qualified Summa Cum Laude for the Corps Diplomatique.

With him in charge, WWIII would not be far behind....

Just how did he manage this in this day and age of "media training?"

It really does make you wonder. I know they say that in America, everyone has the opportunity to become President. That's a great principal, but clearly a very poor idea!

Yeah, but he's OUR Muppet. I'll be voting for him come November. Anything is better than the Kenyan.

Mike

Keith

Roger that Mike. Seems good to me but have you any idea what he was thinking? Or perhaps it doesn't matter (which I suspect is probably near to the truth).

PS Kenyan?

You must forgive me but some of the nuances of American politics are a mystery to me...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
He's not a Kenyan. Mike is winding you up a bit. He's an American, born in the States. Not everyone believes it, but then again not everyone believes that Aldrin and Armstrong landed on the moon, either. The greater weight of evidence shows they did. Obama IS an American citizen, born here, regardless of whether you like him or not.

Even my GOP friends think Romney is a pathetic lightweight idiot, which he certainly proved within the last week. Is there some rule that in order to run for President on the GOP side you have to have the public speaking skills of a fire hydrant? Romney makes McCain look like an intellectual giant. Hell, Romney makes PALIN look like an intellectual giant.

Keith

Hell, Romney makes PALIN look like an intellectual giant.

Faaark dude.....:stunned:

Jim, thanks for explaining. I suppose we can all tolerate insults from people we know, but from strangers makes it personal.

Tying not to be a complete cynic, but don't all Presidential elections follow a similar route?

Sorry guys, but I am a total (US political) lightweight.

Last edited:

Keith

Hell, Romney makes PALIN look like an intellectual giant.

Faaark dude.....:stunned:

Jim, thanks for explaining. I suppose we can all tolerate insults from people we know, but from strangers makes it personal.

Tying not to be a complete cynic, but don't all Presidentail elections follow a similar route?

??????????

And the guy that thinks there are 57 states in the US and that small business is not created by the business owners hard work,etc,etc is what? Please!! Mr.Inept! Should have stuck with organizing. A fluke of politically uniformed voters hoping for a messiah. The question is, are we better off now than we were 4 years ago? $6 trillion debt in 3 3/4 years, GW Bush $4.89 trillion in 8 years, the last two years with a democrat congress and senate. But even with democrat congress and senate since 01/2007, it's still Bush's fault. There's some uniformed logic for you!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
"The Question is, are we better off now than we were 4 years ago?" Posted by TomP

This chart is a little old, on Friday the Dow closed over 13,000! I know you understand charts so just imagine that line continuing up and to the right a little more than two lines.

Am I better off, let's see..........No Iraq war, General Motors lives and Bin Laden does not.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average:
dow_jones_industrial_average_during_the_obama_administration.png

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
It's still Bush's fault
posted by TomP

Tom,

The American people can tell who to blame for the Economy..........

Republican Congress approval rating, today......................17%
GW Bush approval rating, current....................................22%
Obama approval rating 07/15/2012.................................46%

The one thing Libs don't want known is the market is up because the government printed a lot of money and bailed out the stock market.

Attachments

• fed pump.jpg
    fed pump.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 198
Now then everyone. We can all accept that the sh1t we're in is a global situation right? I hope so, or the next bit is not worth saying.

How can a situation such as global financial melt-down, be the fault of just one man, or one party?

Is not our current situation, simply the end result of a system that has been in place for generations? One that has transcended political bias, been upheld by all parties and also by us as individuals? Who was presiding over the final stages of it is largely irrelevent. Even though they may have seen it coming, by the time it arrived, there was nothing that could be done, except print a load of cash, find someone to blame and manipulate the foolish into thinking it was easily avoided but you voted for the wrong guy.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
This may seem very simplistic to some but then I'm a boy from the bush and therefore simple. Ask any city folk. The global financial crisis started when Governments world wide left the gold standard! I.E. There once was a time when if the Government printed a dollar it had to be backed by gold reserves.
That time is long gone, so now when stuff happens Governments print more Dollars, pounds , shekels or drachma.
I've said it before, now is the time to buy physical gold the best insurance you can have. You may scoff young man but stick around its going to get really bad and being able to escape with several ounces of gold stuck up your Khyber might just be a great option.
A hundred years ago an ounce of gold could buy a Savile Row suit. Today an ounce of gold can also buy a Savile Row suit. A great hedge against inflation don't you think

Last edited:
I lived in Massachusetts when Romney was governor here and I can summarize my feelings on Mitt Romney in one word: douchebag. Clearly, he's trying to build some international diplomacy cred ahead of the debates (if Obama has the balls to debate him) so he doesn't get pigeonholed by the media as lacking international experience as happened to Mrs. Palin last time around. As much as I detest Obama and all he stands for in every measurable way, I do think he'd be less likely to get us into yet another war in the mideast, this time with Iran, which would have drastic implications for global escalation, catastrophe and human suffering when (not if) oil supply lines get cut. On the other hand, Obama seems intent on destroying the US economy, so this election is yet again about the lesser of two evils.

I'm not going to vote for either of these clowns...I'm voting my conscious and voting libertarian.

posted by TomP

Tom,

The American people can tell who to blame for the Economy..........

Republican Congress approval rating, today......................17%
GW Bush approval rating, current....................................22%
Obama approval rating 07/15/2012.................................46%

Ok, nation debt is up $6 trillion since 01/2009. 45 million people on food stamps, up 60% since 01/2009. Unemployment still above 01/2009 rate, higher if the jobless that have dropped out of the market are counted. Last quarters economic growth was at a dismal 1.5%. Regular gasoline cost $1.85 01/2009, it cost $3.25 now. Small business is closing at an alarming rate, look around.
Evidently the approval is based on an uniformed electorate liking the Entertainer and Chiefs rendition of Al Green, or his performance on the golf course. 100 rounds of golf @ 4 hours each = 10 forty hour work weeks of golf. He gave the command that ended 10 years of hard work by numerous agencies and military that killed OBL. I doubt that he has ever fired a weapon. We are out of Iraq. Yeah, he's really improved things in the US.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The one thing Libs don't want known is the market is up because the government printed a lot of money and bailed out the stock market.

You say that like its a bad thing.

They did save the banks, they did save the brokerage firms, they did save the auto industry..................

They did save the economy!!!!

Stocks are up because the economy was saved. You should be thankful.

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Sure

Be thankful the Chinese are sponsoring the USA economy.

But always remember at some stage your kids will have to repay the loan

Ian

Back