Olympic opening ceremony

Malcolm

Supporter
Wow! I was quite apprehensive on how we as a nation would present the opening ceremony but was blown away by the show. Some fantastic moments but my highlights were the Queen "parachuting" in with James Bond and then Mr Bean in Chariots of Fire. The Cauldron was pretty cool too. If you missed it, get on iPlayer now.

If the weather holds and the sport is as good as that (and it should be) then we are in for an epic two weeks.

Bring it on!

Keith

Absolutely roger that. Boyle captured the essence of the Games - by highlighting the People, the Workers, the Athletes. Quintessentially British and therefore quirky & eccentric.

Totally bonkers and mad as a box of frogs. Loved it..... :thumbsup:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Overall - very good. Some of it difficult for Johnny Foreigner to understand I guess. The Tempest was a highlight, Rowan Atkinson was excellent and Paul Mcartny the low point.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It was totally Brilliant good on you Brits a great show and what a trooper the Queen is she should be nominated for an Oscar.
David I think you are being a little harsh on Sir Paul, sure his voice is not what it once was, but he still had the audience on their feet and in the palm of his hand.
Well Done and bloody hell you'll probably retain the Ashes as well.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
May,June, and July 2013 could be brilliant months if you think about it Pete.
Monaco, Le Mans for the 24hr, Silverstone , Trent Bridge followed by Lords for the first two tests of the Ashes plus of course the British Summer.
Strauss is often in our local and lives just across the road in Marlow.
I think it's a wholly European period you should be thinking about. You know it makes sense......
All these gt40 chaps would welcome you with loads of beer etc and we might even set up another pucker lunch in the Queens Head.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Cheers to the Brits for having brought off the opening with class and reserve. IMHO the Beijing opening was just a bit too much...sensory overload. The current offering was much more enjoyable, IMHO, and I really enjoyed the focus on the British history aspect.

Well done, chaps!!

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Cheers for a job well done!

I enjoyed the Opening Ceremony very much, the Queen was great and my two Corgis greatly enjoyed seeing the Royal Corgis!

As for Sir Paul, just like an old sixties British race car, no one expects perfect, I though he was great.

GOOD SHOW TO THE BRITS!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
May,June, and July 2013 could be brilliant months if you think about it Pete.
Monaco, Le Mans for the 24hr, Silverstone , Trent Bridge followed by Lords for the first two tests of the Ashes plus of course the British Summer.
Strauss is often in our local and lives just across the road in Marlow.
I think it's a wholly European period you should be thinking about. You know it makes sense......
All these gt40 chaps would welcome you with loads of beer etc and we might even set up another pucker lunch in the Queens Head.

Now that is tempting!

Back