U-6

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It's worse than it looks, LB.

I'm retired but trying to go back to work. Not having any luck...and know for a fact that there are MANY retired schoolteachers who would like to work but cannot find employment.

If those of us who fit this description are in the chart, I just didn't see it...but I did read the descriptions pretty well. I guess they could be counted in the group who is unemployed and has just given up hope, but I know I haven't answered any kind of questionaire that would allow them to include me in the data.

This is our government's data.....agreed, reason to weep. We're all gonna be in deep doo-doo if things don't turn around for the middle class...that's where all those numbers come from, not the upper 2% that Romney wants to enrich further.

Bono's ego is big enough, though....but at least he donates a decent portion of his immense wealth to what many feel are worthy causes...sorta makes that egocentricity tolerable for guys like me.

Cheers!

Doug

I'm glad I live in Nevada...

Could be worse though, I could live in LA county. (Even though unemployment is slightly less, cost of living is ridiculous in California).

Last edited:
I'm glad I live in Nevada...

Could be worse though, I could live in LA county. (Even though unemployment is slightly less, cost of living is ridiculous in California).

Justin, two of our closest friends are leaving So Cal and moving to Prescott AZ. Between taxes, crowding, the impossibility of small business to exist, family is the only reason to stay. But of course, the weather is the real reason..

Doug, being retired, you are totally off the unemployment rolls. The Boomer generation is retiring, and that has taken a lot of people out of the jobs market. Think what the unemployment numbers would be if the massive Boomer segment were just a few years younger.

I suspect that many have taken an early retirement because its just not worth it to work anymore, and who knows how much longer those Social Security payments are going to be met.

It's worse than it looks, LB.

I'm retired but trying to go back to work. Not having any luck...and know for a fact that there are MANY retired schoolteachers who would like to work but cannot find employment.

If those of us who fit this description are in the chart, I just didn't see it...but I did read the descriptions pretty well. I guess they could be counted in the group who is unemployed and has just given up hope, but I know I haven't answered any kind of questionaire that would allow them to include me in the data.

Cheers!

Doug

Back