Knock Out Punches!

Condoleeza Rice!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH5gJP96sJQ"]Condoleeza Rice Speech at Republican National Convention RNC - YouTube[/ame]

Susanna Martinez!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wCL2Hneb3w"]Susanna Martinez at Republican National Convention: 'I Was a Democrat for Many Years' - YouTube[/ame]

Artur Davis!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlNUf-Ha2oc"]Artur Davis Speech Republican National Convention RNC - YouTube[/ame]

The next Vice President of the United States, Paul Ryan! For some reason, I can only get two thirds of the speech on youtube, but the rest will follow.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRPltzYoPE0"]Paul Ryan Speech at the Republican National Convention RNC - 2/3 - YouTube[/ame]

Alive, invigorated, and most importantly, with an actual plan.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The Repubs knocked THEMSELVES out!!!

Condoleeza Rice!

Condoleeza Rice Speech at Republican National Convention RNC - YouTube

Susanna Martinez!

Susanna Martinez at Republican National Convention: 'I Was a Democrat for Many Years' - YouTube

Artur Davis!

Artur Davis Speech Republican National Convention RNC - YouTube

The next Vice President of the United States, Paul Ryan! For some reason, I can only get two thirds of the speech on youtube, but the rest will follow.

Paul Ryan Speech at the Republican National Convention RNC - 2/3 - YouTube

Alive, invigorated, and most importantly, with an actual plan.

Yeah, I like Condi Rice. She proved herself, but seems interested in being just a citizen rather than a politician. I would like to see her as a candidate on a presidential ticket, either position.

The others...not so much. Although I think (fear) Chris Christie is going to be POTUS some day, it will be a sad day IMHO for he is so combative that there will either be worse gridlock than we have now in congress or there will be no hope for anyone other than the rich (not that there is now, anyway).

As for the "plan"...not so much a fan of it...IMHO the WORST enemy Romney has in this election is his wife....she is not only two faced, she's power hungry and will run roughshod over Mitt...it would have been difficult for her to come across as less sincere or more condescending during her address.

I have watched the whole thing....not that I like the Republicans, but in order to cast an informed vote I have to be informed and therefore I feel it my civic duty to watch the whole....uh...."mess" would be my opinion. For the average citizen, the Repubs don't seem to have much to offer.

No cheers for the Repubs, that's for sure, from....

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Speaking of "Knock Out Punches", the Consevatives have punched themselves right between the eyes. We now see what kind of people infest the far right. Even Fox entertainment call Ryan a blatant liar! I too wish that Secratary Rice had taken the job.

According to Fox News columnist Sally Kohn, vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan's speech at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday "was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech."

"On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold," Kohn wrote.

In a surprising move, Fox News joined CNN, The Huffington Post, the Washington Post's Wonkblog, and ThinkProgress in publishing a fact-check of the Republican vice presidential nominee's speech, finding that the speech was full of lies and misleading assertions.

Kohn, who describes herself as a "progressive voice on Fox News," wrote in her Thursday column that though Ryan came off as likable during his speech, his misrepresentations and omissions "caused a much larger problem for himself and his running mate"

The Consevatives: "Alive, invigorated, and most importantly" playing the Republicans for fools. Mr Ryan thinks that Republicans are stupid enough to believe his (as Fox says)"blatant lies" and there is no doubt that Mr Ryan knew he was lying.

Do they really have so little, that at this guys biggest moment, the most important speech of his life, this guy has to lie?. WTF?

He must have given it great thought, then said to himself..............Na, they will never figure this out.

Do we really want another Cheney?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited:
Do you feel the love?

Hope is not a strategy, we see the bungled results of this bureaucrat's attempt at fundamentally changing the greatest country the world has ever known.

Thankfully what it has bequeathed us is a sixteen year Conservative dynasty.

Dear craik, have you ever once had an original thought? Have you ever thought anything out for yourself?

Distortion doesn't count.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Help us out here, save the insults for another day, this is important.

Why do you suppose Ryan would lie and distort the truth, at the most important moment of his life?

Was he desperate?

Was there nothing truthful to attack the Democrats with?

Did he think no one would notice?

Did Romney make him?

Does he always lie and distort?

Last edited:
So, coming in and quoting someone saying "...blatant lies and misrepresentations..." it raises the question: What are the "blatant lies" and "misrepresentations"?

The reason I asked whether you ever had an original thought is because your response to all these speeches is to quote a Lesbian community organizer (certainly no agenda there) who got a gig on Fox News. How earth shattering!

Come on craik, tell us specifically what Congressman Ryan said that is untrue, and back it with some proof, not the scribblings of a comedienne.

I'll also ask, if there is nothing in B.O.'s record to attack, why don't the democrats start bragging about their record instead of smearing Republican candidates?

Why do you suppose Ryan would lie and distort the truth, at the most important moment of his life?

Was he desperate?

Did Romney make him?

Re: The Repubs knocked THEMSELVES out!!!

And as for you, Dug, Of all the things you chose to attack, why a M.S. victim, breast cancer survivor, and good mother of five? Really? Are you that mean spirited?

I get the "no hope for anyone but the rich" lie, that's so established in the agenda of the government school curricula that there's no point in even trying to reason with you, but the hatred of Ann Romney is very telling, and speaks volumes to the "Republicans hate women" lie.

Yeah, I like Condi Rice. She proved herself, but seems interested in being just a citizen rather than a politician. I would like to see her as a candidate on a presidential ticket, either position.

The others...not so much. Although I think (fear) Chris Christie is going to be POTUS some day, it will be a sad day IMHO for he is so combative that there will either be worse gridlock than we have now in congress or there will be no hope for anyone other than the rich (not that there is now, anyway).

As for the "plan"...not so much a fan of it...IMHO the WORST enemy Romney has in this election is his wife....she is not only two faced, she's power hungry and will run roughshod over Mitt...it would have been difficult for her to come across as less sincere or more condescending during her address.

I have watched the whole thing....not that I like the Republicans, but in order to cast an informed vote I have to be informed and therefore I feel it my civic duty to watch the whole....uh...."mess" would be my opinion. For the average citizen, the Repubs don't seem to have much to offer.

No cheers for the Repubs, that's for sure, from....

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
For those of you who can not use the internet..................

Vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) is taking flack on the morning news shows for his keynote address at the Republican National Convention Wednesday night. His speech was riddled with false claims, so much so that even Fox News wrote, “To anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.”
Here are the most glaring lies from his speech:
1. “A downgraded America.” Ryan blamed the president for the nation’s credit downgrade in August 2011 after Republicans threatened to allow the government to default on its debt for the first time in history. But the ratings agency explicitly blamed “Republicans saying that they refuse to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal.”
2. “More debt than any other president before him, and more than all the troubled governments of Europe combined.” Romney has made the almost identical claim, that Obama has amassed more debt “as almost all of the other presidents combined.” But their math doesn’t add up: when Obama took office, the national debt was $10.626 trillion. It has increased to slightly above $15 trillion.
3. Shuttered General Motors plant is “one more broken promise.” Ryan described a GM plant that closed down in his hometown, Janesville, Wisconsin, and blamed Obama for breaking his promise to keep the plant open when he visited during his campaign. But Obama never made that promise, and the plant shut down in December 2008, before Obama even took office.
4. Obama “did exactly nothing” on Bowles-Simpson. Ryan said, “He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.” In fact, Ryan was instrumental in sabotaging the commission, leading the other House Republicans in voting against the plan.
5. “$716 billion, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama.” Ryan’s favorite lie is a deliberate distortion of Obamacare’s savings from eliminating inefficiencies. Furthermore, Ryan’s own plan for Medicare includes these savings. Romney has vowed to restore these cuts, which would render the trust fund insolvent 8 years ahead of schedule.
6. “The greatest of all responsibilities is that of the strong to protect the weak.” Ryan closed the speech with an invocation of social responsibility, saying, “The truest measure of any society is how it treats those who cannot defend or care for themselves.” However, numerous clergy members have condemned Ryan’s budget plan as “cruel,” and “an immoral disaster” because of its devastating cuts in social programs the poor and sick rely on. Meanwhile, Ryan would give ultra-rich individuals and corporations $3 trillion in tax breaks.

So, I'll ask again, why in his big moment, the biggest momen of his life, would Mr Ryan decide that the best course of action was to misslead and misinform the people of the United States?

Last edited:
I would expect no less from the left on this forum. The left campaign will continue to be derisive because there is no record to run on. The question is, with unemployment, food prices, housing, fuel prices and overall outlook, are you better off than you were the day of Obama's inauguration. If you say yes, then continue living in that balloon and blaming everyone else.

Keith

I sense you are getting frustrated Bob..... :drunk:

By the way, In the devastating logic demonstrated in this forum, because I do not confront your "lies and distortions" , (mainly because I do not know if they are or are not, not being in any way an expert in US politics,) it seems I am a "supporter" of yours. Now, you and I both KNOW that isn't true don't we Bob? ;)

Unfortunately, with that ridiculous claim being leveled at me by a clearly delusional character who will remain nameless, I am afraid I am unable to contribute anything more than frivolous, meaningless, pointless gibes on any political thread on GT40's.com.

(No POTUS aspirants were harmed by this post)

By the way, astonishingly I overheard a conversation in my local hostelry 2 days ago, by two very intellectual (and quite lefty) gentlemen positing that Mrs Romney came across on TV "quite well."

I do realise though, that following an interesting legal discussion on another thread this is merely hearsay, but interesting nevertheless. I shall seek her out.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

And as for you, Dug, Of all the things you chose to attack a M.S. victim, breast cancer survivor

My wife died of breast cancer, ASSHOLE!!!

F*** off.

Last edited:
And I'll ask, craik, why in your biggest moment (and yes, I think this is your biggest moment, defending B.O. on an automotive forum), you copy and paste something someone else wrote?

Think for yourself, just once. I'd even be happy if you had something good to say about B.O. that came from you and not some comedian turned political expert.

Just as all you have to contribute automotively is "dancing" with your GT40, all you have to contribute to a political discussion is "copy and paste."

Come on, Tin Man, you never needed the Wizard of Ozz!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mr Fechter, you said "tell us specifically what Congressman Ryan said that is untrue" I provided several. You aked a question and I answered you.

Now I asked you several questions, please give us your thoughts. I answered your question.

Why do I think I'll only get more childish insults as a reply?

Was he desperate?

Did Romney make him?

Last edited:
I sense you are getting frustrated Bob..... :drunk:

By the way, In the devastating logic demonstrated in this forum, because I do not confront your "lies and distortions" , (mainly because I do not know if they are or are not, not being in any way an expert in US politics,) it seems I am a "supporter" of yours. Now, you and I both KNOW that isn't true don't we Bob? ;)

Unfortunately, with that ridiculous claim being leveled at me by a clearly delusional character who will remain nameless, I am afraid I am unable to contribute anything more than frivolous, meaningless, pointless gibes on any political thread on GT40's.com.

(No POTUS aspirants were harmed by this post)

By the way, astonishingly I overheard a conversation in my local hostelry 2 days ago, by two very intellectual (and quite lefty) gentlemen positing that Mrs Romney came across on TV "quite well."

I do realise though, that following an interesting legal discussion on another thread this is merely hearsay, but interesting nevertheless. I shall seek her out.

Damn straight!

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

So, why did you attack Mrs. Romney? It appears that you would know better than most what a tough life she has endured.

Well, contrary to the implication you are making it was not because of her cancer, it was in spite of it. My wife and I fought the cancer for 15 years, she was in remission for 9 years and when it came back the doctors were right within one month as to her expected lifespan. She was a courageous woman and endured incredible pain and sickness, and in the end death was a welcome relief for her and our family.

Ms. Romney was quite proud of her husband for having made them rich, that was my opinion of her message. Again, by implication, the message she tried to foist on the American public was that her husband could make us rich, too.....balderdash.

Her message was trash, her delivery was, as I said, condescending. Absolutely none of those criticisms had anything to do with her having M.S. or cancer....

Get a grip, Bob...quit trying to divert attention with your off-topic intrusive and abusive comments from the fact that the Conservative agenda is financial death for the average American.

Jim is right, all the news outlets are focusing on the lies (even if they were lies by omission) from Ryan's address to the convention. Believe me, when a rabid, radical conservative network like Fox News(?) Network attacks Ryan for what he said, it should be obvious to all (except those who will NOT see) that the Republicans have little to offer the American public than more and more intensive misery.

As for Ann Romney's cancer....it isn't an issue for me....and it should not be for you, it has nothing to do with whether her husband is a better choice for POTUS and any attempts to elicit sympathy votes with that track of thinking will surely be seen as disingenuous by the average voter and will help them to see the futility in the message of the Romneys...their message has no substance and so they will pursue votes in any manner that they can, even one as sick as playing on Ann Romney's history with cancer. Shame on them :thumbsdown:, and SHAME ON YOU, too.

Doug

Back