Lime Rock Concours

Went up to Lime Rock today for the Sunday-in-the Park Concours. There were some incredible samples of automotive history and excellence. Left with a smile and a sunburn. Of special note, one of our forum members was present, displaying his SLC, known to the forum as AllanSLC/Allanffr. Once you got past the mob around this vehicle, it was plain to see why - the car is gorgeous. He has done a first class job and the forum members should be proud to be be represented by his creative talent.
Other machinery, antique and not-so-antique, all parked on the track, commanded attention as well. As I was leaving, I almost dropped at the site of an elderly lady walking over to a 289 street style Cobra (slab side, under-car exhaust), hopping in, firing it up and making a rather non-conservative exit. If you're in the area next year this event is not to be missed. On Thursday afternoon, preceding the racing on Saturday and Monday, there is a parade of about 50 -100 cars through the local towns on the winding mountain roads of Northwest Connecticut. No registration or quiet mufflers required, no police monitoring the drive, race cars from the track and other vintage autos run on a route from the track to the 'watering hole' in Falls Village (a town right out of a movie script) followed by a party for the rest of the evening. Definitely an enjoyable trip. A.J.

AJ,
I was there Thursday for the parade with my Beck 550 spyder and sat and mon with the Gt40. Had a great time and had a nice visit with Stirling Moss. Saw John Fitch sat evening at Stirling's dinner. Great weather !

Back