What's happened to the Zagato Perana Z-One?

Hi all

A couple of years ago the Zagato Perana Z-One appeared and it looked like it was being built and developed by Hi-tech Automotive in South Africa and offered to customers through Superformance. There seems to be plenty of pictures and video of finished cars but has one actually been sold to a customer?

I recently saw that AC here in the UK are selling the car as a 378 GT Zagato but again I've not heard of a car being sold or road test etc. So does anyone know what's happening with the car, the official name and who is selling them?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
They indeed now are "AC" products and being sold in the UK via AC dealer(s) as the AC Zagato 378 GT.

The first production rollers fo rthe US have just landed and are the last of the Perana cars, all forward will be ACs.

I do not know the status of UK customer cars nor if any have been sold. The first cars in the US are headed to the company doing the powertrain installation and will then be delivered to the lucky customers. One of the buyers I know and he has specified a 700 HP LS engine which should give it decent poke.

Thanks for that Rick, would be good to hear from your friend when he gets his car and see some pics etc of the car. I've always like the look of the Perana and was hoping the project wouldn't die so glad to hear that AC are keeping things going.

I tried to see if there were details of cost and specs on the AC website but there doesn't seem to be anything

Trev

After starting this thread last week I managed to stumble upon this postcard at Goodwood over the weekend on the AC stand. No sign of a car but they did have an unregistered car advertised for sale

ac1.jpg

ac2.jpg

Trev

Back