Turning out state of the art technology, China Motors!

Well, to keep it fair, here's Ford going along to stay competitive;

" Ford Motor has chosen China for its largest factory expansion program in a half century, announcing on Thursday that it would build a $760 million assembly plant in Hangzhou, two weeks after announcing another $600 million plan to expand an assembly plant in Chongqing and less than six weeks after completing a third assembly plant in Chongqing."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/b...-plant-in-china-to-catch-up-with-gm.html?_r=0

They may as well walk straight up to the gun barrel and request the Chinese pull the trigger. Why expect them to go to the trouble of aiming!

A request was received at No10 recently, sent by the Chinese Government, respectfully inviting us to give them our shirts!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
It would appear (cynically) that the "1%" have their fortunes made, and that this is only icing on the cake for them. Why worry about the "gun barrel" when the only target are the 99%'ers.

My dad used to chastise me for buying foreign, back when it wasn't a big deal. Now I get it, and it becomes a struggle to buy anything that doesn't say "Made in China", or isn't a local Mom & Pop store.

Keith

I don't believe anything I read or hear and only half of what I see.

I am an anti globalist on principal, so it matters not about China motors - all global corporations suck - every one of them.

I don't believe anything I read or hear and only half of what I see.

I am an anti globalist on principal, so it matters not about China motors - all global corporations suck - every one of them.

I really must stop agreeing with you Keith at some point, otherwise people will get the wrong idea about us. You don't give me wood, by the way!

But for the moment, I am 100% behind you Sir! OOw Err Mrs. :thumbsup:

Might as well get some more information before jumping to conclusions:

FactCheck.org : Is GM Becoming ‘China Motors’?

Gee, Anenberg says it ain't so. Case closed. Did you watch the video? Do you understand the scope of GM's move to China? May I ad that if Anenberg is telling you that one third of GM is owned by the US government, with 12% real unemployment, and they are allowing all this manufacturing to move to China, there is something very wrong with the government that is obviously encouraging that behavior?

Once the Chinese get their hands on another countries technology, they steal it, government subsidize it, and ruin the economy of the country that invented it. In my eyes, this is only one step less destructive than when clinton gave our multi warhead nuclear secrets to China and then let the Loral Corporation sell missile guidance tech to the Communist Chinese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Lvl5Gan69Wo#!

DEAF MAD AND BLIND

Anyone who can argue that this is anything but a road to oblivion, is fooling themselves, have a self-serving interest, or just is just plain F***ing stupid.

Gee, Anenberg says it ain't so. Case closed. Did you watch the video? Do you understand the scope of GM's move to China? May I ad that if Anenberg is telling you that one third of GM is owned by the US government, with 12% real unemployment, and they are allowing all this manufacturing to move to China, there is something very wrong with the government that is obviously encouraging that behavior?

Once the Chinese get their hands on another countries technology, they steal it, government subsidize it, and ruin the economy of the country that invented it. In my eyes, this is only one step less destructive than when clinton gave our multi warhead nuclear secrets to China and then let the Loral Corporation sell missile guidance tech to the Communist Chinese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Lvl5Gan69Wo#!
Yes Bob, I did watch the video, and read the FactCheck article, and check into the sources for the FactCheck article, and found how much of the video left out important facts and numbers to cause a significant slant to the video by ignoring those facts and creatively editing sources.

Ian

Back