Everybody suggests those of us from the South are not refined...

Pat

Supporter
I don't think so...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUFL2GT1-2g&feature=share]Sh%t Southern Women Say - YouTube[/ame]

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Or any number of reality TV shows. For some reason there is an audience that enjoys watching foolishness, poor behaviour, and outright ignorance in a "reality" setting.

Pat

Supporter
Uh Terry, this isn't reality TV, IT's A PARODY! Joke, funny, HA-HA...
Dang, bless your heart...

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Sorry Veek, but sometimes I am so embarrassed to note where I live (regionally). For example (thinking of your post during lunch today), I read the below "letter to the editor" in the local newspaper. After you read this, I'm sure you'll understand my thoughts:

No Women in Combat

"Women serving in combat is far-fetched from any brave new world. I am no admirer of fainting violets, but encouraging and allowing - what appears to me - young silly women to serve in combat will not stand.
I can accept homosexuals serving in combat. Can you imagine the fear in the hearts of the Taliban by a regiment of gay blades replacing the screaming eagles? But lesbians, I don't think so. The Taliban dropping their wares wouldn't be because of fear.
And why now are so many appealing women on TV making much ado about rape? I know that they know there is a thin line separating rape and just attempted sex. You say, "what?" There should be no embarrassment for the unnatural. Get real.
Responding to the letter writer wanting men to change a tire for a damsel in distress: Appraising demeanor, not size or appearance, if they can lift the rear of the vehicle with one hand while slapping the spare on with the other, imagine some man offering help. Boys, be careful out there.

(name withheld).

Back