Is the voter base educated?

Not if the Republicans have their way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A"]
mqdefault.jpg
1:11
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A"]Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go [/ame]

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
When you watch this Santorum clip, take a look at the crowd that he is talking to.........Very old, white people.

This short one minute clip shows not only why concevatives lost the election but why they are quickly loosing relevance.

Last edited:
My choice would be to ask the 'old' 'white' people, before I'd ask the Sandra Fluke 'single' women or 'young' people anything of relevance.

Take time to study the young when you make a purchase. If they don't have a POS terminal or calculator, they often display a blank wide open eyed stare.
They do not think with any logic or understand logic. That comes with training or experience (age).
Maybe it is the youth around the area I live in here. I try to talk at the level of people whom I'm addressing. If they are old or young you need to try and make sure they will understand your thought/communication.

The current popular reason the Rs lost is demographics.....to me that is different values and work ethics. Indeed that has changed. Maybe I'm off the thread of the post.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I think most of you all know my political leanings, but I can see where this "old white male" (OWM) political label might be going in the same direction that the term "liberal" was used for during the past 10 years. I didn't like the derogatory connotation that "liberal" had (per the right's usage), so I hope the OWM doesn't suffer the same from the left. I would hate for the left to take on as a way to label the other side.

Jim I realize Santorum is a fun target but I don't think he is the poster boy for mainstream Republicans any more than Pelosi is for the Democrats. Just look at the last two candidates that have been put up in presidential elections both very moderate. From what I am reading this was won mainly with the Hispanic vote. The Dems had a good ground game and they targeted very specific groups to get what they needed by first scaring them with things like a made up war on women and them promising them free stuff we can't afford to pay for. It works but at some point the tab is going to have to be paid and just raising taxes on the wealthy is not going to cover it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tim,

I'm not so sure about your "made up war against women".

The Rebublican candidates ran with the intent of closing Planned Parenthood.
The Republican candidates refused to support the Ledbetter law
The Republican candidates ran with the intent to remove the right to choose.
The Republican talking heads called women who wanted birth control as part of healthcare a slut and whore.

Those are just a few of the "made up" anti women issues that cost them the election.

Tim, I'm kind of confused, tell me about the "free stuff" that women wanted that we can't afford?

Last edited:
Jim as much of a boogyman as outlawing abortions is as I Republican I can assure you I don't sit around dreaming up ways to prevent the neighbor girl from having one...that said I don't believe in it and I don't want my tax dollars going to fund it. With regards to cutting funding you rightly point out proposed cuts to those organizations but I think we all understand we are going to have to cut or reduce funding to lots of programs good and bad to get our fiscal house in order so we need to look at the whole picture not just cherry pick some and claim those are all we are targeting. When I say free stuff I am not just singling out things free to women like birth control which quite frankly is also I believe a red herring. Anyone should be able to afford a pack of condoms or birth control pills on their own....I know my wife and I were able to when in grad school with a combined income of 20,000. Obama you will recall stripped the work requirement out of welfare that was placed there by Clinton in a bipartisan effort this equals more free stuff with no incentive to quit it. None of these programs individually are bad things but if we are going to actually prevent a serious financial catastrophe people like you and I need to look at what the real pressing issues are and what we can do to overcome them in agreement instead of picking fights on fringe issues; that includes pushing our representatives both repub and dem for the same. I truly believe there is a rapidly closing window to address this.

This thread is getting off point from my original post. But, I think we are to the point where it doesn't matter what the republicans do to try to 'reform' themselves to win an election. When the other side controls the schools and the media, its going to be hard to fight against something so huge.

I think its to the point where Stalin could have run under the democrat party here in Chicago and would have won. You could be anyone and win as a democrat here...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Hey Jim, I am not a Republican, but Rick Santorum doesn't speak for much of anyone these days. Point of fact, this is the first time I've heard his name in a while. I'd say he isn't attracting a lot of audience.

There's ample precedent for the GOP to become relevant again- but not if they continue to spout the same old lines. The hard facts are that the number of people who will listen to them and agree enough to vote with them is diminishing- partly because of demographics and partly because the GOP is more and more perceived as the party of doing nothing and obstructing everything. If they want to win elections, at least national ones, they are going to have to figure out what they have in common with groups that are, right now, voting Democratic, and persuade those groups to change sides. A good start would be recognizing that the huge group of illegal immigrants in this country includes a lot of people who are religious conservatives and who came here to better their lives. Many of those people have attitudes and values shared with the GOP. This isn't rocket science, but the GOP doesn't seem to get it. The one thing that maybe they'll learn from the last few months is that whoring yourself out to folks like Sheldon Adelson (may his tongue rot in his mouth) doesn't produce any election results. It WAS fun watching him waste all that money, though......can't wait until he gets Rove by the neck. Maybe he'll break it for him.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jimbo,

So very true. It seems like some of the big things I worried about in this election, like the huge, Super Pac funds and the Republicans trying to make it harder to vote all came back to bite them.

Republicans trying to keep voters from voting brought them out in droves, they stood in line and they voted. I could not be more proud!

Careful Grady, you sound very much like my grandfather talking about our generation.

Close to being right...may dad told me about this day 45 or so years ago. Lucky for him (WWII 8thAF) he died 5 years ago and doesn't have to live through the next 4 years. Me.... I'm awake at 2:30am worrying about the country. Not worrying about me, but the country because most us white haired don't speak Chinese.

As far as the voter base goes, I always thought it was very interesting to look at the Blue and Red on the map during a presidential election. Why are the more refined and educated parts of the country shaded in blue every four years? The states shaded in red........not so much. These states are the ones driving the stereotypes of dumb, fat Americans. This is just an observation.

Wait hold on a second, I know 5 people are dying to respond and I know what you are going to say. The social services provided by the metro areas are a magnet for the 47% who are bleeding the country dry and turning these states blue. And there it is, did you feel it? You either just tripped on the crevice between my cheeks or the line that divides us. How do we ensure that America does not slip to a third world status? In theory a small efficient government is great idea, but guess what old timers? It's not going to work anymore. Why? Take a look at a disaster like Hurricane Sandy. Could New Jersey ever foot the rebuilding bill on its own? No way, so what do we do......write off the state of New Jersey (similar to letting the automakers go belly up)? We are all in this together and even people like Chris Christie can certainly change their tune pretty fast. Who else is going to step in, insurance companies, the private sector, Donald Trump? The federal government can be quite useful in many situations. Even all those red states would be whining if we took away everything federally backed. Trust me, I wish we all could live within our small communities, shop at the local family owned market, and depend on no one except our families and neighbors. Its just not in the cards right now.

Solutions:

1) Campaign Finance Reform-Lets stop rewarding bad behavior. Fundraising full time is not why you were sent to DC.
2) Pay politicians like teachers and teachers like politicians. Being in the House or Senate should be a terrible job with terrible benefits that no one would ever choose unless they really loved their country.
3) Keep the two party system but instead of Democrats and Republicans, lets rename them Morons and Bigger Morons.
4) Increase revenues and cut spending......we have to do both
5) No more military excercises outside of our borders unless in response to a "DIRECT" threat. Iran is either going to blow us up or they are not. Who cares? The world would be better off without humans anyway.
6) Outlaw petting zoos. C'mon little kids hovering over goats that have been walking around in their own shit all day. Thats no way to spend your Sunday.
7) Send Mitt Romney to China to work in an Iphone factory. "Mr. Romney, we are confused. Do you or do you not support a women's right to choose?"
8) Lets make our own illegal narcotics for our own junkies and export the rest to Central and South America in huge numbers.
9) More doping in sports and for god's sake, please do blow the whistle on fellow Americans who have been so successful abroad. Thats just embarassing.
10) Produce a GT40 replica on VW bug chassis and sell it to the world. Wait has this been done?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
As far as the voter base goes, I always thought it was very interesting to look at the Blue and Red on the map during a presidential election. Why are the more refined and educated parts of the country shaded in blue every four years? The states shaded in red........not so much. These states are the ones driving the stereotypes of dumb, fat Americans. This is just an observation.

Wait hold on a second, I know 5 people are dying to respond and I know what you are going to say. The social services provided by the metro areas are a magnet for the 47% who are bleeding the country dry and turning these states blue. And there it is, did you feel it? You either just tripped on the crevice between my cheeks or the line that divides us. How do we ensure that America does not slip to a third world status? In theory a small efficient government is great idea, but guess what old timers? It's not going to work anymore. Why? Take a look at a disaster like Hurricane Sandy. Could New Jersey ever foot the rebuilding bill on its own? No way, so what do we do......write off the state of New Jersey (similar to letting the automakers go belly up)? We are all in this together and even people like Chris Christie can certainly change their tune pretty fast. Who else is going to step in, insurance companies, the private sector, Donald Trump? The federal government can be quite useful in many situations. Even all those red states would be whining if we took away everything federally backed. Trust me, I wish we all could live within our small communities, shop at the local family owned market, and depend on no one except our families and neighbors. Its just not in the cards right now.

Solutions:

1) Campaign Finance Reform-Lets stop rewarding bad behavior. Fundraising full time is not why you were sent to DC.
2) Pay politicians like teachers and teachers like politicians. Being in the House or Senate should be a terrible job with terrible benefits that no one would ever choose unless they really loved their country.
3) Keep the two party system but instead of Democrats and Republicans, lets rename them Morons and Bigger Morons.
4) Increase revenues and cut spending......we have to do both
5) No more military excercises outside of our borders unless in response to a "DIRECT" threat. Iran is either going to blow us up or they are not. Who cares? The world would be better off without humans anyway.
6) Outlaw petting zoos. C'mon little kids hovering over goats that have been walking around in their own shit all day. Thats no way to spend your Sunday.
7) Send Mitt Romney to China to work in an Iphone factory. "Mr. Romney, we are confused. Do you or do you not support a women's right to choose?"
8) Lets make our own illegal narcotics for our own junkies and export the rest to Central and South America in huge numbers.
9) More doping in sports and for god's sake, please do blow the whistle on fellow Americans who have been so successful abroad. Thats just embarassing.
10) Produce a GT40 replica on VW bug chassis and sell it to the world. Wait has this been done?

LMAO!!

However, in reference to #3, I would like to point out that when all our political threads started to become so prevalent in the Paddock I proposed we rename the two parties the "Republicrats" and the "Demopublicans"...and we could have just called their presidential candidates "Tweedle-Dum" and "Tweedle-Dee".

...but, then, I speak in jest....:laugh:

Cheers, folks, it's OVER!! YEE-HAW!!

Doug

No folks, it's not over. It's just the beginning. The beginning of the end. We are on a financial downward slope that is destroying our country. I personally have lost 3 million in the last 3 1/2 years and I will be closing my business that has been around over 100 years. The climate for business, the freedom to be rewarded for you own hard work, is gone.

When the USA takes in 2.6T in revenues, but spends that amount just on entitlements, we have to borrow every penny to pay for things like, employees of the government, military, teachers, programs that protect us like epa etc... That is why we don't have a balanced budget. There is no mathmatical way to get there without cutting out a lot of entitlements. No one will let that happen.

Pat

Supporter
Is the voter base educated????

Let me answer that with a simple nibble of data. Roseanne Barr, the former comedian, who ran as the nominee of the California-based Peace and Freedom Party, managed to place sixth, winning more than 48,000 votes.
For those of you horribly disappointed with this news, she plan to run again in 2016.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pat,

I'm fairly sure that you can count most of those votes as "none of the above", protest votes.

Back