Here's how the democRATS won.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Like your reasoning skills, that link doesn't work.

In about 5 minutes, I found a blog that stated voter turnout was about 60% and providing the voting sheet. "Cards cast" does not equal votes.

The actual ballot count sheet is here:

http://www.slcelections.com/Pdf Docs/2012 General/GEMS SOVC REPORT.pdf

If you scroll down to page 13, you see a listing of registered voters by Precint, and votes cast.

NONE OF THEM TOTAL MORE THAN ABOUT 60% TURNOUT.

Geez you right wing internet denizens are complete whack jobs. You might want to think twice, read twice, and double check things before accusing people of things like voter fraud.

Thank you, on this Veteran's Day, for reminding us once again why people like you are the cause of a large portion of this country's problems. NICE JOB.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Hey Bob. How about this. How about we bet $1000 that voter turnout in Port St. Lucie was NOT 141%?

Deal?

Put your money where your keyboard is and all that?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Before you take that bet, you might want to read this rather eloquent explanation of what "cards cast" means in Florida. Yes, it's a blog post but I've confirmed it 3 times. Cards cast does NOT equal one vote and turnout.

Omfg.

There was NOT >100% turnout!

Let me explain to the Neanderthals who are reading the right wing propaganda…

Let’s say there were 100 registered voters in St Lucie County. And 55 of them voted, for a turnout of 55%. Each voter cast a ballot that was 2 pages long. That means there were 110 PAGES (sometimes called cards). That does not mean that there was turnout of 110%! It means there was turnout of 55%.

The propaganda is purposefully conflating voter “cards” with actual votes.

The idiots somehow believe the conspiracy theories despite the fact that many right wing channels were forecasting a Romney landslide. It is unbelievable that people use the same discredited right wing trash to now conduct a verbal assault on the election workers.

So repeat after me, Neanderthals…

110 voter “cards” cast by 55 people does NOT mean 110% of turnout! It means 2 pages per ballot.

Jeezus.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Scratch the $1000 bet. If you are wrong on this, you get to post, every day, a new thread in the Paddock "I am a fucking dumbass."

If I'm wrong, I do the same.

Deal?

As a third party(country?) observer it looks to the rest of the world that the democrats won because they got more support from the american people. Never seen such a bunch of whining from the so called losers. The people who voted didnt lose, the process worked as it should and the candidate lost or the candidate won. Get behind your government and move on.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Perhaps more productive would be a discussion on how the right lost, and what their solution will be in 4 years? The excuse of it being an old white man's party is bunk in my eyes, mainly because that's close to what I am, and little of what Romney had to offer (but that depended on the week or day) made me comfortable with him.

Me and my wife were discussing this morning how we truly empathize with the right in that when "W" won the second term, we were equally confounded, confused, disappointed, sure the world would end, and on and on. Obviously the worst did not happen.

Perhaps more productive would be a discussion on how the right lost, and what their solution will be in 4 years? The excuse of it being an old white man's party is bunk in my eyes, mainly because that's close to what I am, and little of what Romney had to offer (but that depended on the week or day) made me comfortable with him.

Me and my wife were discussing this morning how we truly empathize with the right in that when "W" won the second term, we were equally confounded, confused, disappointed, sure the world would end, and on and on. Obviously the worst did not happen.

Well put Terry, I agree 100%

The exchange between Jeff and Bob is pretty hilarious. The best thing about "news" today is all the choices we have. Its very easy to find someone who will tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Bob, this is pitiful on your part. This isn't the total number of voters that voted. Granted, there were problems in FL but Bob this isn't voter fraud. Your candidate got his ass kicked fair and square.

A better question to ask would be why he got his ass kicked? The answer to that question is that he didn't run on his record- he whored himself out to the lunatic right fringe of the GOP and in doing so put a group of statements on the record that pissed off people who might otherwise have voted for him. A lot of folks who voted for Obama actually have more in common with the moderate Romney who was governor of MA.

Instead of running away from the Democrats and allowing them to occupy the political center alone (which, btw, is where most of the votes are!!!) the GOP need to get some balls and some courage and fight it out with the Democrats for the middle of the political spectrum. The gutless pandering to the right on the part of the GOP is the most cowardly political act that I've seen in my lifetime (well, among them, anyway) I've got news for you,Bob- most Republicans are not like you, they are further to the center than you are, and if you folks are ever going to see a GOP president again you all better figure that out. What this election proved, for the second time, is that white Americans are willing to vote for a non-white person for President, and if you guys can't see the handwriting on the wall, you are going to hit the wall big-time and it's going to be all over but the crying for the GOP.

Stop whining and faking numbers about how the election was stolen. Obama ran a better campaign and beat your man, who wasn't your favorite anyway. If you run a better candidate next time, you might have a chance. As it is, the GOP efforts don't amount to a pinch of shit. If I were any of those loaded fat cats who gave millions of dollars to Karl Rove, I'd be on the phone trying to find some goombah to cut his balls off and feed them to him.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter

We NEED a viable Republican Party again. One that is inclusive and socially liberal like the Republican Party that played an instrumental part in the Civil Rights movement, or women's rights, while remaining the intelligent advocate for less taxation and smaller government.

I have no idea what this Republican Party is. It requires good, solid candidates like Governor Romney and Senator McCain to pander to nutjobs in order to win the nomination for President, and that is a bad thing.

I voted for Bush in 2000 and don't regret it. I thought the choice in 2004 was the single worst one we have faced as voters in my lifetime (my first vote was in 88) but like Terry, I knew the sun would come up and American would continue on.

America is stronger than either party.

What the GOP really need is someone that speaks well, plays with rock stars, and the mainstream media loves. He doesn't have to really believe in anything, say anything important, but make people feel good about themselves, and he will win.

Romney won on substance, but lost in the feel good category.

Some time ago, I saw a Democratic Senator say that the people of my state are too stupid to vote, so we will we make laws that we want and govern as we want.

I think they are right. People are too stupid to vote. They know the names of rock stars or reality tv stars, but don't know who is running the government or what topics are being debated on in congress.

What the GOP really need is someone that speaks well, plays with rock stars, and the mainstream media loves. He doesn't have to really believe in anything, say anything important, but make people feel good about themselves, and he will win.

Romney won on substance, but lost in the feel good category.

Some time ago, I saw a Democratic Senator say that the people of my state are too stupid to vote, so we will we make laws that we want and govern as we want.

I think they are right. People are too stupid to vote. They know the names of rock stars or reality tv stars, but don't know who is running the government or what topics are being debated on in congress.
Exactly Tom..the dems got this one but this fight will go on long after we're gone. truthfully I think most rep and dems were shocked at the results...very few people would ever believe a president could be reelected with an economy so strong in the crapper. Veek was correct in saying it's hard to beat an incumbent that has the power to give shit away..

very few people would ever believe a president could be reelected with an economy so strong in the crapper. Veek was correct in saying it's hard to beat an incumbent that has the power to give shit away..

Might not believe but it is not a precedent, and actually the easiest job in politics is being in opposition.

You can promise the earth and tell everyone how rosy everything would be if you were in power, you don't have to prove anything and the electorate have short memories.

If you do not believe me just take a look at the rhetoric of the Labour party in the UK, you would think all our problems have been caused by the Conservatives who have only been in power for just over 2 years, ( sound familiar ).

You are right on one thing though, at some point the Republicans / Conservatives will get back in power, and then some point after that the Democrats / Labour will get back in and round and round we go.

Maybe time to vote Monster raving Looney, could they do any worse?

Last edited:
Well said Nick. Funny though, that we all know this sh1t, yet keep arguing it as if it's something different. Give it a rest now folks and move along. Nothing to see here.

Keith

Finally, (could there possibly be a finally - please?)

Who likes anagrams?

Here's a good and easy one:

ELECTION RESULTS

Back