Something completely different from all that Obama Romney Shit

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Daily Telegraph today:

Could you make this nonsense up?

Hardly

Abu Qatada wins appeal against deportation to Jordan

Terror suspect Abu Qatada has won his battle against deportation to Jordan to face trial.

qatada_2196140b.jpg
Abu Qatada will discover if he has lost his latest battle against deportation Photo: AP

By Telegraph reporters

12:46PM GMT 12 Nov 2012

The Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac) upheld his appeal after his lawyers claimed he would not get a fair trial.

The radical cleric, once described as Osama bin Laden's right-hand man in Europe, was convicted of terror charges in Jordan his absence in 1999.

Home Secretary Theresa May had been given assurances by Jordan that no evidence gained through torture would be used against him.

A Home Office spokesman said the Government will apply to appeal against the decision.

He said: "The Government strongly disagrees with this ruling. We have obtained assurances not just in relation to the treatment of Qatada himself, but about the quality of the legal processes that would be followed throughout his trial.

Related Articles

"Indeed, today's ruling found that 'the Jordanian judiciary, like their executive counterparts, are determined to ensure that the appellant will receive, and be seen to receive, a fair retrial'.
"We will therefore seek leave to appeal today's decision."
Mrs May will make a statement to the Commons on the ruling this afternoon, the Speaker's Office said.
Siac found that Qatada's right to a fair trial would be breached because evidence obtained via torture could be used during his re-trial in Jordan.
Qatada had claimed that there was a risk that he himself would be tortured or badly treated in Jordan, however this was rejected.
His legal team also maintained that even if he was acquitted at re-trial, he could be kept in prison under Jordanian law if the authorities decided he was "a danger to the people", therefore breaching his right to liberty.
This was also rejected.
During a seven-day hearing last month, the commission heard evidence from Professor Beverley Milton-Edwards, who has studied Jordan's political situation for 25 years.
She said Qatada remained a "controversial" figure in Jordan and a fair trial was unlikely.
Qatada, who is said to have wide and high-level support among extremists, featured in hate sermons found on videos in the flat of one of the September 11 bombers.
He has challenged and ultimately thwarted every attempt by the Government over the last decade to put him on a plane.
In December 2001 Qatada became one of Britain's most wanted men after going on the run from his home in Acton, west London.
In October 2002 he was arrested by police in a council house in south London and detained in Belmarsh high-security jail.
Mr Justice Mitting refused an application by the Home Office for permission to appeal, but lawyers can apply for permission at the Court of Appeal.
Robin Tam QC, for the Home Office, said: "You have ruled that there is a real risk of the admission of evidence, where there is a real risk that this evidence was obtained by torture.
"That is a possibility of a possibility which falls below the legal test.
"You have made a legal error in setting the threshold too low. We should have the possibility to ask the Court of Appeal to consider that."
Edward Fitzgerald QC, for Qatada, applied for him to be released on bail immediately.
"There is no reasonable prospect of lawful removal within any reasonable time," he said.
"It's just too long. We respectfully submit that there is no justification for continuing to deprive Mr Othman of his liberty.
"Enough is enough, it has gone on for many many years now.
"There is no prospect of deportation taking place within a reasonable time, in fact there is no prospect at present of deportation at all."
He said Qatada and his family would most likely have to move, but said he should still be granted bail to his current address.
Mr Tam opposed the application, saying Qatada posed a risk to national security and a risk of absconding.
"The appellant remains a man that poses an enormous risk to national security," he said.
"The appellant does continue to pose a risk of absconding which Siac should not ignore."

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Can the Attorney General overule the Court of Appeal if they uphold the Siac decision is one of the questions?
I hope so but in this stupid PC world we live in he will be afforded every fucking loophole to jump through because of his supposed faith.
I think the H blocks at Macgilligan point are still empty and available. Why not? Let him go the way of some of the IRA terrorists.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
http://www.imb-ni.org.uk/downloads/NIPS%20AR%20magilligan.pdf

It says they have recently been redecorated. Not a well known fact but Joe Frazier the heavyweight boxer went their once. I have some dim and distant recollection that he was doing something entertaining for the inmates. He may have sung the Hollies number "He ai'nt heavy" to the hunger protesters. Or "Would you like a chicken Supper Bobby ----- " to the tune of "Aye Aye yippy yippy aye".
I'm sure he would enjoy a stay their though. It's known to be quite bracing in the winter.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I've just been advised that the Attorney General cannot affect the judgements of the Court of Appeal and that he will merely advise the Home Secretary and Prime Minister
on their next course of action.
I had rather hoped that he would be able to concur with the C of Appeal and thereby add some sort of gravitas to the expedition of this unsavoury character.
Oh well.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Sgt Danny Nightingale. I really hope he manages to fight it and succeed. However , after returning from any patrol, at the point of handing back or returning weapons to the armoury , the words each soldier is asked to repeat is that he has no rounds or weapons about his person and unfortunate as it was, he secreted this pistol for what ever reason.
OK - every one has ways of holding on to something 'extra' and maybe we all did something - mine was retaining a few 9mm pistol rounds (enough for one clip for my 9mm Browning pistol ) after practice on the range but we all had a defence on that one. (The issued ones were covered in glue from the bodge tape they were wrapped up in and always jammed the magazine)
Apparently his mates packed his stuff up and it would have been sent home in a kit bag. They would also have known the rules so maybe they should be sharing his prison sentence as well.

Keith

http://www.imb-ni.org.uk/downloads/NIPS AR magilligan.pdf

It says they have recently been redecorated. Not a well known fact but Joe Frazier the heavyweight boxer went their once. I have some dim and distant recollection that he was doing something entertaining for the inmates. He may have sung the Hollies number "He ai'nt heavy" to the hunger protesters. Or "Would you like a chicken Supper Bobby ----- " to the tune of "Aye Aye yippy yippy aye".
I'm sure he would enjoy a stay their though. It's known to be quite bracing in the winter.

I was referring to the IRA style DIY wall "paint" David....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I did hear that those 'rooms' were left for the best part of 25 years before a contractor went in and sorted it.
What a job that must have been. Unwittingly, those 'guests' left plenty of DNA in the vacated 'rooms' which caused them further complications in their holiday plans.
Those that didn't refuse the food that is.
My contacts in the area have left now and live in Edinburgh - and I cant blame them.

What is done is done. It is what it is.
Let's move on with some forward thinking. Think to the future.
I do agree with David Morton, say whatever you like and I'll defend you!

Keith

What do you mean another old slapper? Are there more? :stunned:

Edit: (Big Boy)

Last edited:
Nick - corrupt away. Nobody has ownership of internet and website threads. Say whatever you feel like saying.
Dave

Thanks David much appreciated.

Although saying whatever you feel like saying does have its consequences. Will I have nightmares tonight at the thought of a certain person as a woman?:stunned:

Back