What are your favourite sayings?

Mike Pass

Supporter
Always remember the six Ps.

Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Also

From Mr Royce of Rolls Royce

The quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Pass

Supporter
Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity - and I'm not sure about the universe.

Mike Pass

Supporter
On children....

Children are like farts - you can stand your own but everyone elses are horrendous.

W.C. Fields

I like children but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Spike Milligan
All ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy.

On his grave stone ...
I told you I was ill.

On money...

Bob Hope
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove you don't need it.

Maurice Baring
If you would know what God thinks of money you only have to look at those to whom he gives it

Gerald Brennan
Those who have some means think that the most important thing in the world is love. The poor know that it is money.

Emo Philips
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Peter Cook
I go to the theatre to be entertained. I don't want to see rape, sodomy, incest and drug addiction. I can get all of that at home.

Oscar Wilde
Of course America had been discovered before Columbus but it had always been hushed up.

I think that God in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.

Jo Brand
If we weren't supposed to eat animals, why did
God make them out of meat?

Jerry Sienfeld
There is no such thing as fun for the whole family.

Rod Stewart
Instead of getting married again, I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house.

Cheers
Mike

Billy Scott- If a man can F!@K & drive race cars, Man, I mean, what else is there?

Clare Boothe Luce- There's nothing like a good dose of another woman to make a man appreciate his wife.

Albert Einstein- The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident to someone who's dead.
- Try not to become a man of success but rather a man of value

General Henning Von Tresckow- The worth of a man is certain only if he is prepared to sacrifice his life for his convictions

James Baldwin- The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its' ugly side

Edmund Burke- No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its' powers of acting and reasoning as fear

Those are some of my favs.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nothing hurts quite like pain...

It's hard to beat fun for a good time!

Even the best drivers don't know when they've achieved 10 tenths untill they've been to 11 tenths.. :eek:

Tires... Matched perfect and staggered special... (Harry Hogg - Days of Thunder)

That guy is so stupid, he couldn't pour rain water out of a boot even with the instructions printed on the heal!

My Headmaster at primary school had two, both of which I appreciate more now. Written above the blackboard :-

“Avoid the common place be original”

And one he said quite frequently

“Organise yourself not other people”

― Spike Milligan

"Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy. ”

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi All

Having dealt with the public for too many years my favourite is :

" I love mankind, It's people I can't stand."

Dimi.

Back