Why are liberals control freaks?

What is it about liberals that makes them think they have the right to control?
They want to control what you eat, what you drive, the speed you drive, the fuel you use, where you can get the fuel, the health insurance you have, your right to protect yourself, where you can have a nativity scene, what you say, how you say it, how and when you give your money to others, what the national anthem should be, what the pledge of allegiance should be, what should be in the Constitution, what should be taught in schools, the way people are allowed into the US, and on and on. WTF?

Last edited:
You do know that a lot of that can be just as easily said about conservatives, and additionally, who you can marry, who can determine if its time to pull the plug, and others.

Ian

How about if you have a bunch of green skinned, purple haired people from the green skinned purple hair country that blow up a bunch of stuff in your country? Who should you look for? Old ladies in wheel chairs and little kids, thats who, because? It's politically correct! You can't make this stuff up!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

In order to promote a more friendly site, several of us have promised to not start divisive political threads. Of course you can do as you wish, but you might give it some thought.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
For what it's worth, Tom, I am a liberal (at least some of the time) and I think we ought to eat what we want, and legalize drugs. But I think we ought to legalize drugs so we can control them, so I guess you are right.......:)

For what it's worth, Tom, I am a liberal (at least some of the time) and I think we ought to eat what we want, and legalize drugs. But I think we ought to legalize drugs so we can control them, so I guess you are right.......:)

Same here, thanks for your input.

Tom,

In order to promote a more friendly site, several of us have promised to not start divisive political threads. Of course you can do as you wish, but you might give it some thought.

What, and gun control is not political? Might be a sane discussion afterall.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

A thread titled "Why are liberals.........................."

Is derisive and just asking for argument, not discussion.

Like I said, you can do as you please and I certinally reserve the right to answer derisive threads in kind, but you might give it some thought.

Tom in post #5 ... playing the fear card a little early aren't you. I'm mostly a conservitive and that just doesn't cut it with me. What I don't like are people who want to control what wemon do with their bodies, who people can sleep with, what substances to put in their bodies, as a conservitive you say you believe in freedom... seems freedom only means free to do what you want... if this really is a free country why do you get so upset when others exercise their personal freedoms.... freedom but only your freedom... long live the USA

Tom in post #5 ... playing the fear card a little early aren't you. I'm mostly a conservitive and that just doesn't cut it with me. What I don't like are people who want to control what wemon do with their bodies, who people can sleep with, what substances to put in their bodies, as a conservitive you say you believe in freedom... seems freedom only means free to do what you want... if this really is a free country why do you get so upset when others exercise their personal freedoms.... freedom but only your freedom... long live the USA

No, When a terrorist attack took place as on 9/11 the goverment said it politically incorrect to profile the terrorist as what they were. So they hassled old women and kids at the airports instead. My point is if you have green skinned purple haired people doing a terrorist attack, the people you should be watching should be green skinned and purple haired.

However Tom, Our governments must be 'seen' to be doing something. They care little for actually 'doing' anything. So how better to be seen to be acting, than to hassle everyone, including little old ladies at an airport? They all get home and complain about how aweful the experience was, but my goodness, look at how much security we have in place these days!

Personally, if getting checked at the airport keeps me safer I'm all for it. It's the political correctness I have a problem with. If someone 5'2" tall with light complexion and blond hair commits a crime, the we should be looking for someone of that decription. Race and ethnicity should enter into it if that is part of the decription. You can't burp today without being politically incorrect.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What is it about conservatives that makes them think they have the right to control?
They want to control what drugs you can take, what God is on your money your schools and in your public places, what you do with your uterus, your vagina and yoru penis, who you can marry, whether you can have kids, whether you can join a union or not, what you have to "prove" so that you can vote, what religious chicanery should be taught in schools instead of science, what you can and can't do to when engaging in political speech (corporations? free speech! burn a flag? hell fucking no!), and want the police to have the ability to go poking their noses wherever they want and so on.

The idea that "conservatives" are for more civil liberties than "liberals" is laughable. Both have their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to this area.

Too much Fox News for you I think!

Well, when it comes to voting and what a person needs to prove??? I am a firm believer that a valid photo I'd is needed to prove the voter is who they really are. In this state, there is a boatload of voter fraud because an ID is not required.

Back