Grandson project

My grandson Louis ( 10 years old ) is starting a small project to try to collect coinage from around the world, and we have already had a few interesting starters to this collection, however, you are a worldwide and diverse group of people who probably cover or have covered most of the globe, and have the odd coin in the bottom of a drawer or in your pocket. Also of course, some countries have had their own coinage which has changed ( like the european countries have all gone to one - the Euro ) so any older and now defunct coinage would also be of great interest. So, if you want to help the lad please pop anything interesting you have in the post to him at my address. Thanks, Frank

My grandson Louis ( 10 years old ) is starting a small project to try to collect coinage from around the world, and we have already had a few interesting starters to this collection, however, you are a worldwide and diverse group of people who probably cover or have covered most of the globe, and have the odd coin in the bottom of a drawer or in your pocket. Also of course, some countries have had their own coinage which has changed ( like the european countries have all gone to one - the Euro ) so any older and now defunct coinage would also be of great interest. So, if you want to help the lad please pop anything interesting you have in the post to him at my address. Thanks, Frank

Great project - I did the same around the same age. I'll see what I have - definitely some Israeli, but may also have some from various other locales (Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand).

Send to the shop?

Ian

I will have to dig around, may have some:
Brazil
China
Croatia
Bulgaria

I'll let you know and would be happy to send...

Fantastic, thanks guys, great to have your response. We did a similar thing about 30 years ago with my son, and he values the boxes of coins that friends came up with, even some original buried Roman coins found in the UK. Funnily, the most difficult to get was a US silver dollar, which an airline friend got out of a slot machine in Las Vegas ( a long time ago ! ) The excitment of getting stuff come in from around the world is great when you are a young person just getting into the knowledge of a life outside of home. Send to the shop if possible please. Frank

Back