Fires in Australia and Tazmania

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hello there

I hope all GT40 people and there families are safe with these fires destroying so much, down under this week.

Thoughts are with you all

Ian

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Tassie has copped the brunt of our bush fire season so far and with temps in the low 40°C (45°C in some areas) across the southern and eastern part of Aus.
theres probably more to come --good news is that the authorities and people are more aware of what to expect and are generally better prepared.
We've just arrived home from a trip through these vulnerable areas -- beating the potential by a day

This Tasmanian has so far survived unscathed. Some family had some very close calls but all ok. Unfortunately many people have lost their homes and livelihoods. With things the way they are it will be very difficult for these people to rebuild their lives. Thankfully the people of Tasmania are supporting each other, God help us if we had to rely on our governments, bureaucracies and authorities. Many stories to be told, but I doubt they will be.
Many questions need to be answered, but I doubt they will be either.

Thanks for thinking of us down here.
I hope everyone else is ok.

Tim.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, best wishes to all effected. And I hope the tree huggers who won't allow burning off and clearing around homes feel good.

The hippies and tree huggers as you call them are not the only people to push for a stop to burn offs. There are other groups that are very vocal about them.
As they say - The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
The problem these days is that everyone feels they have to push for all or nothing, there seems to be no place for common sense anymore.

This leads me to comment on something else ie: the state of the paddock these days:- both US political sides seem to believe each other to be the worst kind of scumbag, in reality they are likely all good people, just no longer able to see a middle ground. Very sad.

Wrong thread I know but hey it's the paddock right. ;)
I no longer consider myself a participant here but I would also vote for a separate political paddock. IMO the paddock is essential to this forum.

Anyway back to topic. I am sure the government, its bureaucracies and authorities will do their best to be seen to be doing something.

I hope the other Tasmanian GT40 owners are ok, am I the last of us on this forum? If so I need to remember to turn the lights out. ;)

Tim.

Last edited:
Back