SCAM Message: Sad news..... David Morton

Hello,

This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few days back we made an unannounced vacation trip to Paris France.Everything was going fine until last night when we were mugged on our way back to the hotel.They Stole all our cash,credit cards and cellphone but thank God we still have our lives and passport.Another shocking is that the hotel manager has been unhelpful to us for reasons i don't know. I'm writing you from a local library cybercafe..I've reported to the police and after writing down some statements that's the last i had from them.i contacted the consulate and all i keep hearing is they will get back to me. i need your help ..I need you to help me out with a loan to settle my bills here so we can get back home, our return flight leaves soon. I'll refund the money as soon as i get back. All i need is €1,650 ..Let me know if you can get me the money then I tell you how to get it to me.

I'm freaked out at the moment

Regards.

David Morton

------------------------------------------------------
Dave, I thnk you need to check your mail and change your passwords buddy..... :lipsrsealed:

This sounds like a scam. I have seen identical emails like before, also from named people we know. SCAM SCAM SCAM

Keith

Just heard from him on the land line and he's destitute in Marlow not Paris, and although he has just enough cheese and Barolo to get to the weekend, any contributions are always gratefully received.

Working on a solution at the moment. Thanks for the heads up.

Remember, an Englishman never never ever says "Paris France"

We know the fuck where it is...and that there's only one.. forget Texas, not quite the same :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you one and all. I have nothing to do with the email shown above in Bretts mail.
Your concern is really appreciated.

I never freak out anyway.
Dave M

How about me, I'm stuck in my office with nothing to do but drink tea and coffee and eat.
All I need is a fast car to get me out of here, maybe get down to south of France
'that's France in France '.
So please, please help me , send me your GT40, any make will do ( except a KVA ).
Pop the registration document in the glove box just in case and maybe a few hundred £ for some fuel. I will let you have it all back as soon as I can.
Perhaps then I can escape this hell.
I'm Freaking out...
Alternatively I can be a chief in Africa with 100 million dollars to invest in the UK and if you let me have your bank details I will put it in your bank and you can have 10%.

Happy new year to you all

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I won't change the title of this thread, but I wish Brett would...

After having dealt with the deaths of three friends and one family member last week alone, I truly AM a bit freaked out....

Glad all is well...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Hello,

This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few days back we made an unannounced vacation trip to Paris France.Everything was going fine until last night when we were mugged on our way back to the hotel.They Stole all our cash,credit cards and cellphone but thank God we still have our lives and passport.Another shocking is that the hotel manager has been unhelpful to us for reasons i don't know. I'm writing you from a local library cybercafe..I've reported to the police and after writing down some statements that's the last i had from them.i contacted the consulate and all i keep hearing is they will get back to me. i need your help ..I need you to help me out with a loan to settle my bills here so we can get back home, our return flight leaves soon. I'll refund the money as soon as i get back. All i need is €1,650 ..Let me know if you can get me the money then I tell you how to get it to me.

I'm freaked out at the moment

Regards.

David Morton

------------------------------------------------------
Dave, I thnk you need to check your mail and change your passwords buddy..... :lipsrsealed:

I actually received a bogus email similar to this one about 3 years ago. It took roughly .000000001 seconds to determine it was a total fraud.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I got one on another forum I am on, just last week. Same sort of scam. Glad David is well.

Regards Brian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I just got the same e mail supposedly from David

I guess his e mail account has been hacked -what sort of dodgy sites has he been visiting? :thinking2:

Ian

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You know, a lot of us on this forum aren't exactly young. Headlines like this always give me chest pain. David, I am glad you are okay. As for the folks that did this, they ought to be hung head down over a privy.

Same here, when I read the title I had that "oh crap heart sink" feeling.
Then I saw he was broke and stranded and I thought to myself.....thank goodness:)

Mike Pass

Supporter
Seen this before when some lowlife hacked my email address. Please ensure that you use a strong password with lots of capitals, numbers and symbols and avoid "real words". Fortunately most people realise it's a scam because anyone can use a landline phone if they have a problem. I bet they want money transferred by Western Union which of course can't be traced.
One of the problems with hotmail is that the hacker will put their email in the optional email section and which you cannot change yourself so when you get hotmail to let you back into your email it sends your new password to the hacker - brilliant!! You can get this optional email changed but it takes quite a while before you get it sorted. By this time all your contacts and emails will have been deleted.
If you use hotmail change your password to a very strong one so 'cracking engines' can't break it. Also make sure you have set the optional email to one of your choosing so the hacker can't change it to theirs. Do it now.
Be safe
Cheers
Mike

Pat

Supporter
Darn, and I just e-mailed the nice fellow from Nigeria (the former Minister of Defence) that has promised me $62M dollars to wire David the money he requested in Paris.

Malcolm

Supporter
How about me, I'm stuck in my office with nothing to do but drink tea and coffee and eat.
All I need is a fast car to get me out of here, maybe get down to south of France
'that's France in France '.
So please, please help me , send me your GT40, any make will do ( except a KVA ).
Pop the registration document in the glove box just in case and maybe a few hundred £ for some fuel. I will let you have it all back as soon as I can.
Perhaps then I can escape this hell.
I'm Freaking out...
Alternatively I can be a chief in Africa with 100 million dollars to invest in the UK and if you let me have your bank details I will put it in your bank and you can have 10%.

Happy new year to you all

You can tell this one is a scam! I mean really why would anyone who knows 40's talk about a glove box? Keith, is that really you building the Southern GT?

Malcolm

Supporter
I once bought a car off a Nigerian. And I am being serious here. Never met the fellow, negotiated by phone but could only get him when he was in a city in Nigeria as mobile coverage is non existant between cities out there and then sent him £20,000 to a bank account in a different country. Collected the car no problems at all! But my friendly bank manager had complete kittens when he knew what I was doing.....But the car, a Prosport 3000 spyder was being cared for by Tim Samways of Tim Samways Historics and kept with the Ford Heritage collection under armed guard. It was quite fun collecting it. Later I sold the car (at a profit of course) to a joint venture between a german guy and a dutch guy and now the car is available to rent for 2500 euros per hour for instruction at the Ring via Ron Simmons Racing. Currently does 7 mins 15 secs laps or thereabouts.

Sorry for thread drift, glad David is still here. Thread title is disconcerting.

Back