Roy and everyone else involved with this ad...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...would likely be thrown in jail for creating and airing it today:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNWr9eF2Huk"]Roy Rogers Quick Trigger Shooter Hat: Vintage Toys & Games for Christmas - YouTube[/ame]

What do we see today instead?:

‘It’s Ridiculous’: Three 6-Year-Olds Suspended for Making ‘Gun’ Signs With Hands During Recess | Video | TheBlaze.com

...and this:

Kindergartner Suspended Over Bubble Gun Threat - ABC News

...and this:

Fifth-grader reprimanded for bringing paper

I tried and failed to find a link to the story about a grade school kid in the south Seattle area who was suspended for "violating the district's no tolerance gun policy" because he brought a little plastic G.I. Joe action figure to school that had a little plastic pistol molded to its little plastic hand. What is wrong with these people???

BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY...loons are completely in charge down here now.

(Edit) I attended a little 'two room country school' (literally) back in the '50s. At the end of the school year we actually had a "cowboy and indian day" wherein all the kids came to school dressed as either one or the other - TOY GUNS, BOWS AND ARROWS AND ALL. During recess, THE PRINCIPAL - THE PRINCIPAL - would orchestrate 'attacks' by the "cowboys" on the "indians" and vice-versa - and he'd take part in them. THE PRINCIPAL wore his own cowboy outfit - complete with a toy gun. (Thanks for the memories, Mr. Swanson.) WE ALL looked forward to that day all year.

Back in those days, some of the guys drove to high school in their pickup trucks with their hunting rifles and/or shotguns stored on gun racks mounted against the rear window. And whenever a teacher or, say, the principal or V.P. saw that, he'd likely go over to the kid, walk him back to his truck and compare notes on his firearms and the kid's.

And guess what? We didn't have school shootings back then..."mass" or otherwise.

Now, go ahead. Flame way.:flameon:("Well, that was then, this is now"...etc., etc., and more etc....but, isn't that exactly my point???)

Last edited:
Back