Only in Australia....California next?

I just read (on the net so it must be true)
Australia's National Health and Medical Research Council say that children can no longer blow out candles on the birthday cakes at school because doing so spreads too many germs.

What are you feeding those children? Is this a result of Vegemite consumption? Is the California CARB going to instate the new law?
As long as I can keep my livermush I'm safe.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I just read (on the net so it must be true)
Australia's National Health and Medical Research Council say that children can no longer blow out candles on the birthday cakes at school because doing so spreads too many germs.

What are you feeding those children? Is this a result of Vegemite consumption? Is the California CARB going to instate the new law?
As long as I can keep my livermush I'm safe.

It is true! Just another regulation foisted upon us by people who think they know better how to run our lives than we poor ignorant masses. Oh and of course they have to justify spending the tax payers $$$$.:furious:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
(sigh) I see 'the nanny state' mentality on the part of govt is pretty much the same 'round the world.

Our nanny state authorities deserve to be chastised for this nonsense. Surely these kids sneeze? And it was an education to be shown the right and wrong way to place a toilet paper roll on the dispenser in a child care centre. Germs? They've known a few.

And I'll bet every one of us has been to a birthday party, candles blown out, and lived to tell the tale.

Australia has had a very risk averse mentality since the demise of the major insurance company (IHA - due to criminal greed). This company was large enough to dictate the premiums for virtually every risk known, and premiums were generally affordable accross the insurance industry. Subsequent to the demise, the insurance industry has hiked premiums massively, creating a situation where every possible risk is dissected to remove every possible reponsibility.

This risk averse, buck passing method of business has changed Australia forever.

Asheville is one beautiful spot. I'm tempted.

We've tried blocking the interstate exits to keep people from stopping here. The ones from up north, want to make it just like the hell hole spot they moved from before coming here. Downtown is called 'freak city' by the locals...and we no longer go there.
We do have a growing beer brewery business (about 9) Sierra Nevada will be up and running in 2014. One whiskey distiller is now in operation. Who would have thought we would make corn liquor (legally) in the mountains.

Hey, quit knocking California. There are several routes you can avail yourself of if you want to start a new business in California!

Attachments

• ca-small-business-routes.jpg
    ca-small-business-routes.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 144

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
There are two reasons why there are few succesful small companies in California:

(1) The poorly run ones fail or have to leave for cheaper states.

(2) They become big companies.

Cheveron
Apple
HP
Wells Fargo
Disney
Oracle
Sun
Google
Occidental
Gap
Intel