more proof that inmates run the asylum

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
The kid said that he was trying to make a mountain, and he guesses it looked kinda of like a gun. They had probably just got a course in street slang and "pop tart"' was a gang reference to a gun. I believe it was actually loaded, it might have been Blueberry, you know how that can splatter.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Pretty easy to see what the "end game" is here...kids are being conditioned by the 'all-knowing' in the anti-gun, lefty infested public school system to stay away from guns - period. Guns are baaaaaaad - stay away from them. DO NOT get near 'em - ever. Don't even play with toy guns or you're gong to be in big trouble. In fact, don't you even draw a picture of one...or, GOD FORBID, make an imaginary gun with your fingers.

These p.c. agenda-driven clowns really need to be slapped down. Seriously. In fact, it's well past time.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
'Pretty easy to see what the "end game" is here...kids are being conditioned by the 'all-knowing' in the anti-gun, lefty infested public school system to stay away from guns - period. Guns are baaaaaaad - stay away from them. DO NOT get near 'em - ever. Don't even play with toy guns or you're gong to be in big trouble. In fact, don't you even draw a picture of one...or, GOD FORBID, make an imaginary gun with your fingers.

These p.c. agenda-driven clowns really need to be slapped down. Seriously. In fact, it's well past time.

+1000%, personally I think that is a form of child abuse and the teacher and the principal should be sacked.

Larry, its very clear that's the case. This is happening much to frequently to be some strange coincidence. Another case that comes to mind was a child who was pretending to play solider and threw a make believe hand grenade - literally make believe, not a pop-tart or pencil or piece of paper. Here's that story covered by the SF Gate. Boy, 7, suspended from school for throwing imaginary hand grenade | The Mommy Files | an SFGate.com blog

The funny thing is, their grand idea of trying to scare children away from weapons with this type of policy is most likely going to make them more attractive to kids who are unstable. Imagine it from a child's perspective: There is something so bad, so evil, so diabolical that if you even draw a picture of it, you get suspended... curious?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
No kidding. Kids are endlessly curious, but it's the grownups with the filthy minds.

This story is even more depressing, because it's local to me. Ugh. Idiots.

No kidding. Kids are endlessly curious, but it's the grownups with the filthy minds.

This story is even more depressing, because it's local to me. Ugh. Idiots.

Welcome to Cuba on the Chesapeake. Where O'Malley and libs know what's best for you, regardless of what you think.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I am one of those liberals, but let me tell you, this went way way too far. Someone should have gagged these idiots before they had a chance to open their mouths........

And we prefer to think of it as Venezuela on the Chesapeake, just kidding.

Venezuela on the Chesapeake... I can live with that... Chavez died...sooooooo does that mean that....?

Hmmmm.... Annapolis keeps raiding the Transportation Fund while pissing away money, then in a bad economy wants to Jack the gas taxES.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Imagine it from a child's perspective: There is something so bad, so evil, so diabolical that if you even draw a picture of it, you get suspended... curious?

Exactly. Well stated.

It still gets my blood pressure up when I think of the grade school kid here in Washington State who was suspended for violating the local school district's "no tolerance" gun policy by bringing a G.I. Joe "action figure" to school that had a little plastic pistol molded to its little plastic hand. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! We're actually funding this kind of asinine garbage???????

Or, how about the 7-yr-old(?) girl who was suspended because she made a paper 'cutout' of a pistol that looked more like an 'L' than a gun? 'A PAPER CUTOUT, FOR PETE'S SAKE! Ooow, what a THREAT. I'll bet the teacher and principal involved were just quaking in their boots for weeks over that.

Why my grandkids attend a private school, chapter one...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
No argument from me. Raising kids so they know nothing about firearms etc is a very poor idea in the short and long runs. These are educators? Pardon me while I hurl.

Back