Do you think the money will change hiim?

Keith

£107 million ($178,078,163.51) British Lottery winner.

Well, will it? He already shows a lot of style....

Dear me. Chav makes good...

You are so wrong with that comment.

With the BMW he is leaning against he came 6th in the exceptionally successful and very competitive UK 750MC organised BMW Compact cup championship last year.

Comes over as good chap and hopefully some of his winnings will benefit many others also involved in UK motorsport.

I hope it does change him. I hate it when people say having loads of money wouldn't change them. Kind of suggests a self-righteous opinion that one is already perfect. Wankers!

Keith

You are so wrong with that comment.

With the BMW he is leaning against he came 6th in the exceptionally successful and very competitive UK 750MC organised BMW Compact cup championship last year.

Comes over as good chap and hopefully some of his winnings will benefit many others also involved in UK motorsport.

Yes, but if you look closely, she already has her hand on his sequential shifter.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The sudden influx of a large chunk of $$$ in and of itself (almost by automatic default) forces change on whomever receives it - like it or not. A fortunate >few< will discover the changes for them are, for the most part, not really earth-shattering and can be 'managed' without too much effort. But for many (dare I say most?) the reality is 'new money' will change their family relations, their friends, the way they do things, where they live, what size house they have, where they go, where they stay when on vacation, what they drive, what they buy in general, and on and on and on. And often, relationships-wise, the change is truly beyond their control ('get's into the whole jealousy/ego/envy thing with regard to said so-called "friends"/relatives.)

So IMHO, yeah, for MOST part, 'sudden' money is gunna change a lotta things for most of these people regardless of what they might believe/hope/wish were the case...

Reality simply IS what it is...

Last edited:
The sudden influx of a large chunk of $$$ in and of itself (almost by automatic default) forces change on whomever receives it - like it or not. A fortunate >few< will discover the changes for them are, for the most part, not really earth-shattering and can be 'managed' without too much effort. But for many (dare I say most?) the reality is 'new money' will change their family relations, their friends, the way they do things, where they live, what size house they have, where they go, where they stay when on vacation, what they drive, what they buy in general, and on and on and on. And often, relationships-wise, the change is truly beyond their control ('get's into the whole jealousy/ego/envy thing with regard to said so-called "friends"/relatives.)

So IMHO, yeah, for MOST part, 'sudden' money is gunna change a lotta things for most of these people regardless of what they might believe/hope/wish were the case...

Reality simply IS what it is...

Friends, family and even your country will betray you. Blinkers will be lifted, rose colored glasses smashed - you will learn to trust no-one. Especially the lowest of all - bureaucrats.

Tim.

If you are going to enter lotteries, and I do sometimes, I think the first thing to do is specify no publicity which you can do here in the UK. You can then limit the number of people who know about your win.

Of course everyone will be changed by a big win. I would have lots of nice cars, bikes and boats and suitable accommodation to keep them in, but one of the main attractions would be the ability to be generous and able to improve other people's lives for the better. Sorry if that sounds a bit pious for a WOGG but one thing I would never contribute money to is any political party (even if it could buy me a seat in the House of Lords here!).

Chris

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I think the first thing to do is specify no publicity which you can do here in the UK.

That should be the way lotto rules work everywhere for obvious reasons...well, "obvious" to us mere mortals, that is. However, the gods who write all the lotto rules are obviously not too 'blessed' when it comes to seeing the obvious.

Publishing the names and home towns of mega jackpot winners makes them an instant target for scammers, thieves, kidnappers, and a whole host of other unpleasantries...like seeing an army of long-lost "friends" and "relatives" (none of whom have been in contact with the winners in Y-E-A-R-S) suddenly coming out of the woodwork to ask for a handout or a "loan". (Edit: And let's not forget the HUNDREDS of "charities" [real and otherwise] that will descend like starving locusts.) It's because of all the aforesaid that the 1st thing a lotto winner should do is at least change his phone number. And, sadly, the very next thing he should do is m-o-v-e...the sooner the better...and leave no forwarding address.

Why so many lotto winners gleefully jump in front of T.V. cameras to get their checks is just totally dumbfounding to me. (And the winners who say they're going to continue working at their present job - even those who mean it - will soon see what a totally unworkable FARCE that is.)

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Friends, family and even your country will betray you. Blinkers will be lifted, rose colored glasses smashed - you will learn to trust no-one. Especially the lowest of all - bureaucrats.

Tim.

We need a like buttonTim. I agree with all the above, however I've been poor and I've been rich. Rich is better.

Well as the great Kerry Packer once said in an interview, "no, money doesn't buy happiness, but it makes feeling miserable a whole lot more tolerable."

john

Back